Dave and Busters looking at sites in BR

itsjustme3

Word is that a site location firm was at Perkins Rowe today looking at the possibility of D&B's first la location. I'm not sure what space they could have been looking at but that's what I was told. Only spaces that I know of are a) the Perkins Rowe smoke stack building facing Bluebonnet b) the green space in front of Neuro c) the green space next to the new bank on Perkins.

I wasn't able to find out where else in Baton Rouge they are looking at.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the head's up...always thought a good location would be at College at Corporate; in the nice sized vacant complex between Clicks Billards & Fox-n-Hound. W ALoft hotel had been considered there at one time, but council memembers dropped the ball.

That sounds like a better location. A Dave and Busters in PR doesn't really get me excited.

Just thought D&B's would compliment Click's Billiards/Hooters/Fox-n-Hound/Sullivans as part of a larger entertainment complex....providing a synergy throughout. Perkins Rowe with upside/location is limited to a cinema as an entertainment option; would need the other venues....JMO

Talks of an Avenue E(upscale bowling/arcade/laser tag) by AMF.....fell thru with the recession...back in 08'...posted by a few of us in the Arts&Entertainment thread..Post #44-47

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/31363-new-entertainment-district/page-3

Wonder how the proposed venue on Coursey/Sherwood Forest is coming along??

Gonzales seems to have it right...with the proposed Cinema w/ bowling alley...BR needs that...add a laser tag/arcade...instead all at different locations...merge them all together

Just thought D&B's would compliment Click's Billiards/Hooters/Fox-n-Hound/Sullivans as part of a larger entertainment complex....providing a synergy throughout. Perkins Rowe with upside/location is limited to a cinema as an entertainment option; would need the other venues....JMO

Talks of an Avenue E(upscale bowling/arcade/laser tag) by AMF.....fell thru with the recession...back in 08'...posted by a few of us in the Arts&Entertainment thread..Post #44-47

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/31363-new-entertainment-district/page-3

Wonder how the proposed venue on Coursey/Sherwood Forest is coming along??

Gonzales seems to have it right...with the proposed Cinema w/ bowling alley...BR needs that...add a laser tag/arcade...instead all at different locations...merge them all together

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would fit in better in that area. Avenue E is something I would like to see in Perkins Rowe. Do you mean Quarters? It looks like a big arcade room. Premier Lanes in Gonzales has opened, the theater isn't complete yet but the lanes are, from what I heard.

Putting D&B in the same category as Applebee's is ridiculous.

Have you ever been to Dave and Busters? I went to a nicer one in Charlotte but most of them are nothing to brag about, especially for an "upscale" development such as Perkins Rowe.

Have you ever been to Dave and Busters? I went to a nicer one in Charlotte but most of them are nothing to brag about, especially for an "upscale" development such as Perkins Rowe.

Plenty of times. It's basically a chuck e cheese for adults. Considering there are residential units, covered parking, a movie theatre, and restaurants at PR, its probably a better fit.

And like I said, equating D&B with Applebee's is like saying Jubans is like McDonalds because they both serve food.

I've only been to D&B in Philadelphia. It was alright. Wasn't a trash place for sure, but I can see why it wouldn't fit in with PR. I like the idea of it being in the vacant space at Esplanade Mall (College at Corporate). 

Speaking of the College/Corporate area, has anyone else noticed the lack of proper upkeep around Citiplace? The landscape is overgrown, the parking lots and streets are potholed, and the buildings could use a good power wash. Last time I was there it did look like B&N was doing some exterior painting and updating their signage, but all the other buildings, especially the theater, looked worn out and tired. 

Speaking of the College/Corporate area, has anyone else noticed the lack of proper upkeep around Citiplace? The landscape is overgrown, the parking lots and streets are potholed, and the buildings could use a good power wash. Last time I was there it did look like B&N was doing some exterior painting and updating their signage, but all the other buildings, especially the theater, looked worn out and tired.

What's new about that? It's always been trashy around there.

What's new about that? It's always been trashy around there.

Not sure where you're getting that, but it actually used to be very nice. Believe it or not, Citiplace Theater used to be a theater of choice, along with Tinseltown, in the years before theaters opened at Mall of LA and Perkins Rowe. And even for awhile after those two newer theaters siphoned theater patrons away from Citiplace, they at least used to keep the landscape up around the complex. 

Even Cortana manages to keep the hedges trimmed and the annuals fresh. I see no reason why Citiplace can't do the same with proper management. 

Archived