Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
all2neat

Ascension / Livingston Parish Parkway

15 posts in this topic

I know this has been discussed on the parish specific threads however this could turn into a major project for the area so I figured it needed it's own thread since it is not specific to just one parish.

A pair of public meetings have been scheduled next week in Ascension and Livingston parishes to discuss the feasibility of building a parkway between the two parishes.

The first meeting will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday at the Livingston Parish Health Unit, 29261 S. Frost Road, Livingston. Ascension Parish officials will host a meeting the next day, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at Lakeside Primary School, 16500 La. 431, Prairieville.

Read more...

1 person likes this

Not sure how they plan to do this in Ascension. Guess is it would include using Hwy 42 since its being converted to 4 lanes. Doesn't get you to the interstate though.

Anything running south of Gonzales would be pointless.

Thanks for starting this thread all2neat...i have posted this a few times in the past... but easy to get lost in the fray...

With no loop this is badly needed! This would also help relieve some of the I-12 rush hour traffic too.

Trickier route thru Acsension

1 person likes this

Well since Hwy 42 east of Hwy 44 won't be 4-laned, I'm interested how they will do this.

This private company would oppose any idea of a loop in the future.

Thanks for the link....see there are 5 images...but only 4 different options...see Alternative 2 & Alternative 3(twice)...wonder what Alternative 1 would be??

Good to see the Parkway will parallel Hwy447(Walker South)..so construction won't affect traffic...+ the Parkway is  much straighter than the way too curvy Hwy 447

Edited by richyb83

Hopefully it doesn't encourage too much more sprawl out there. Personally, I favor #2.

I find it interesting that some of these proposed routes are similar to the loop.

2 people like this

I find it interesting that some of these proposed routes are similar to the loop.

That's the point. The loop would have worked better than this, but it won't cost tax payers.

2 people like this

This will take 20 years to complete.  I am in favor of it, but I just would love to see it completed before I kick the bucket.

This will take 20 years to complete.  I am in favor of it, but I just would love to see it completed before I kick the bucket.

Well since it's a private road it shouldn't take that long.

Parishes partner up for toll road

The Ascension Parish Transportation Committee approved plans to build a toll road connecting the Ascension and Livingston parishes.

The new road would start at the intersection of Highways 42 and 933 in Ascension, extending to Walker South Road in Livingston Parish. The tollway would cross the Amite River and link with Highway 16.

Both parishes have partnered with a private corporation in planning the toll road. If the plans are approved, the American Transportation Partners would operate the tollway and collect the revenue.

Livingston Parish has already approved $10,000 in start-up fees for the project. The next step is getting approval from the Ascension Parish Council.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/parishes-partner-up-for-toll-road/

So long as they do the toll collection like Dallas does I am in support of this.