Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

The single family house that was being used as a salon at the corner of Montford and Park (west side of Park) has been razed.  Looks like Construciton on the new center (Viva Chicken) will start soon.  Also, the apartments at Park and Abbey are currently being demolished.  

On 11/17/2015, 2:53:00, AP3 said:

The single family house that was being used as a salon at the corner of Montford and Park (west side of Park) has been razed.  Looks like Construciton on the new center (Viva Chicken) will start soon.  Also, the apartments at Park and Abbey are currently being demolished.  

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2014/112-120/2014-116%20approved%20site%20plan.pdf

Here is the site plan for the Abbey Place Apartments.  This was approved back in January, but I haven't seen it anywhere.  

• 3 weeks later...

In between two HT's is exactly where Publix would want to locate. The two chains are pretty much direct competitors and they are nearly indistinguishable. Just change the colors on the sign. Publix is after the exact same type of clientele and have made a practice of swooping in and siphoning customers away. If they were to set up shop anywhere in this immediate area then I think the HT closest to Selwyn would feel it the most. That one feels small and cramped, doesn't have quite the selection of the others, and getting in and out of there on a weekday afternoon is a real pain.

• 5 weeks later...

Charlotte Housing Authority project.  From their website:

Park & Marsh Senior Apartments

This $15.7 million construction project is on a 2.23 acre site at the corner of Park Road and Marsh Road in South Charlotte.  The project will include 92 one-bedroom units of multi-family housing for seniors (55 and older) with incomes at or below 60% of the area median income.  The rents will be subsidized by the Housing Choice Voucher Program. This independent living community for active seniors will be situated in the heart of Charlotte and encompass indoor and outdoor amenities including a fitness center, seating areas, storage areas, multipurpose room, garden plots and a balcony.  Horizon Development Properties, Inc. has been awarded 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Housing Trust Fund dollars for the development of this project.  Construction is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2015. 

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Progress on the small retail center at the SWC of Park and Montford, where Viva Chicken is going into. 

image.jpeg

Here is the rendering of the development at the Pheiffer building, in case the link doesn't work:

image.jpeg

Pretty soon, traffic on Park Road between Woodlawn and Selwyn

will cease to move at all.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hambone931 said:

Hello walkability!

It is a very walkable area as I have said before. I just wish that the sidewalks on Park Road between Woodlawn and Tyvola could somehow be widened. I am always afraid that someone is going to jump the curb when I AM walking, but there is and will be more walkability. Just give us better sidewalks since the area is growing like mad.

This is a cynical thought, but I can't help but think that any large apartment/condo property along Park Rd is I'll advised. It's the only trending apartment area on a major corridor with no mass transit on any horizon. I don't normally have a huge issue with causing traffic, but this is the most intense area.

• Like 1

Most of these people in the new apartments will probably be commuting via car. There aren't enough offices right there and walkable. Without a transit solution, this will make traffic worse.... with the silver lining of walkability on Friday nights for the people moving in.