Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

9 hours ago, CLT> said:

Though I do like Jenni's, Charlotte never met a chain it didn't like, and neither did Edens and Asana*

*I get they're filling their properties with national credit tenants, but still.

at 30-40 a sq ft only national tenants or successful proven local restaurants and stores can afford them.  

• Like 2

Does anyone know much about The Kimberlee tower behind Park Road Shopping Centre?:

https://goo.gl/maps/Y5Sso41mtSL3x29aA

I know it's a co-op and was built in the 60's, but why did they build such a dense a 5-story condo tower in that location fifty years ago when it wasn't the happening spot it is now?  (Correct me if wrong)

Props to their foresight!

9846867_orig.jpg

Edited by ChessieCat
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what is going on at the corner of Park and Woodlawn?  First, they took out the gas pumps and kept the McDonalds, but then the closed the McDonalds.  I didn't see any rezoning notices.

parkwood.jpg.84bacede06c0fecbdd5dcdb3747aa26d.jpg

Side note: Moderators, should this thread be titled Montford/Park Rd?  I can't find a park road dedicated thread.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like we’ve got some beech volleyball courts coming to Montford dr at the now vacant Andrew Blair’s/southside bar/Great Wall of China parking lot.  They dumped atleast 10 trucks of white sand on the big plastic tarp and had a bobcat spreading it 12-20in deep. 

Anybody have more information?  Will they fence it off and be able to serve alcohol?  Same owners at the family that manages Angry Ales 

i was told several weeks ago by a Angry Ales bartender the reason they have not started building yet is bc construction prices are to high, who knows what the real reason is. Just sharing what I know 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 3:25 PM, ChessieCat said:

Does anyone know much about The Kimberlee tower behind Park Road Shopping Centre?:

https://goo.gl/maps/Y5Sso41mtSL3x29aA

I know it's a co-op and was built in the 60's, but why did they build such a dense a 5-story condo tower in that location fifty years ago when it wasn't the happening spot it is now?  (Correct me if wrong)

Props to their foresight!

9846867_orig.jpg

Hey @Tyrone Wiggum you should have played off your Reece's joke here @KJHburg

• Haha 1

Happening in conjunction with Henson’s project, the end of Montford will get a stoplight at the Woodlawn intersection, and the streetscapes of both sides of Montford will be redone, too, a way to increase the walkability of the area, Henson said.

“Our hope would be that you could work close to where you live and not have to deal with SouthPark (and South End) traffic,” Henson said.

4 minutes ago, CriticalT said:

Happening in conjunction with Henson’s project, the end of Montford will get a stoplight at the Woodlawn intersection, and the streetscapes of both sides of Montford will be redone, too, a way to increase the walkability of the area, Henson said.

“Our hope would be that you could work close to where you live and not have to deal with SouthPark (and South End) traffic,” Henson said.

That stop light is sorely needed for pedestrians.  Getting to/from the greenway from Montford is a game of Frogger currently.    And the "streetscape" is a laughable.  There is none currently.   3' sidewalks on one side with no planting strip...on one of the most walk-able bar districts is a complete joke.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

That stop light is sorely needed for pedestrians.  Getting to/from the greenway from Montford is a game of Frogger currently.    And the "streetscape" is a laughable.  There is none currently.   3' sidewalks on one side with no planting strip...on one of the most walk-able bar districts is a complete joke.  

Here is the plan for the streetscape project

https://charlottenc.gov/Projects/Documents/MontfordParkPresentation03.19.2018.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Oh man that looks amazing!  And the upper connection to Abbey Place will be a big help as well as that is right where traffic backs up in the evenings and offer alternatives to the Abbey Pl stoplight. 

As someone who plans to buy into the MadPark area next year, I get super excited to see progress being made.  The area has so much potential. 

5 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

As someone who plans to buy into the MadPark area next year, I get super excited to see progress being made.  The area has so much potential. 

I live in Madison Park, on Cooper, and I can tell you I think it's a really great neighborhood to live in. Prices are reasonable, yards are pretty big, and the location is perfect: I can walk to the Tyvola rail stop in 15 minutes, or drive to Park Rd or South Park shopping in <10 mins. My wife and I bought in March and feel like it was a really great decision.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

I live in Madison Park, on Cooper, and I can tell you I think it's a really great neighborhood to live in. Prices are reasonable, yards are pretty big, and the location is perfect: I can walk to the Tyvola rail stop in 15 minutes, or drive to Park Rd or South Park shopping in <10 mins. My wife and I bought in March and feel like it was a really great decision.

Great to hear!  I am currently renting a house in Spring Valley (just south of Archdale) and love being close to the greenway,  Southpark, Montford and just close enough to Southend.  Next year my daughter goes to HS and would like her in Myers Park.    I am done with the 2600+sf houses I have had before and want a nice brick ranch in a central neighborhood I can walk/bike around.   I get a lot more enjoyment of walking or biking to the Selywn HT and Mugs than I do with some stupid bonus room I never go in.   I have downsized 1000sf already and don't miss the  indoor space one bit.  

• Like 1

Great to hear!  I am currently renting a house in Spring Valley (just south of Archdale) and love being close to the greenway,  Southpark, Montford and just close enough to Southend.  Next year my daughter goes to HS and would like her in Myers Park.    I am done with the 2600+sf houses I have had before and want a nice brick ranch in a central neighborhood I can walk/bike around.   I get a lot more enjoyment of walking or biking to the Selywn HT and Mugs than I do with some stupid bonus room I never go in.   I have downsized 1000sf already and don't miss the  indoor space one bit.  

Don’t leave us. I’m in Spring Valley too and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mobuchu said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I hear D. Levine is planning to rezone the Hedgemore Plaza property at Mockingbird Ln to MUDD.  The Parson's building will be gutted and given a full facelift, a parking deck built behind it wrapped in residential along the greenway, and a 10+ story residential building built down the side of the property where there's currently a small 2-3 story office building.  Retail facing Hedgemore in that building.   He also owns the corner across the street from it (thats been used as a staging area for Novel) and will potentially put an 8+ story office building there as well.

Sup UP!  Should change the name of this thread to Montford Park, lots going on.

Mo and A2 are back. Holy schnikes.

badass scoop EB

Edited by Guest