Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

19 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

Well Levine was successfully re-zoned lots of things.  Nothing build but yes he can get a rezoning. 

He built on Commonwealth, and a bunch of industrial buildings in Florida.

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...

I was walking up Montford today and noticed that some of the streetscape improvement project seems to be inching forward.  On the side with the sidewalks, there were some markings on the street for the pocket parks and bike parking.   This was out in front of Good Food.   Paint on the roads looked fresh.  Nothing up by Roasting Company yet.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this should be here or in the SouthPark thread, but does anyone know what is going on at the corner of Runnymede and Selwyn?  Over the last 2-3 weeks several houses have been demolished right here.   Below is a screenshot with a blue square around the area...though I think the area may be longer than the area I marked.  I will try to grab a few pics on the way home today.

Park.thumb.jpg.e48ad1a837948bf338585bf57cd53509.jpg

Just now, pgsinger said:

Not sure if this should be here or in the SouthPark thread, but does anyone know what is going on at the corner of Runnymede and Selwyn?  Over the last 2-3 weeks several houses have been demolished right here.   Below is a screenshot with a blue square around the area...though I think the area may be longer than the area I marked.  I will try to grab a few pics on the way home today.

Park.thumb.jpg.e48ad1a837948bf338585bf57cd53509.jpg

Town homes

https://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2017Petitions/Pages/2017-183.aspx

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And that's a massively outdated picture, because of course that massive Crescent apartment block is now in the upper left field, and the midrise building in the center background has been renovated. 

That area is a vivid exemplar for me of Charlotte's constant evolution: A(n elderly) cousin retired to those condos on lower Hedgemore in the late '80s when her entire neighborhood south of the airport was bought by said airport--and her house was sold separately and trucked north on 77 to Statesville or somewhere!--and she reminded me even then that the land east of Park Road, below Woodlawn and over to Selwyn had originally been the Graham farm, where Billy Graham was born. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

Edited by ertley
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kermit said:

Wasn't the Park Terrace theater renovation going to give us another Studio Movie Grill sort of place?

It is AMC. No food outside of the normal snacks, but there is a bar. There are small theaters with large recliners (including heaters). Don't do what i did and book the first row. You are so close to the screen you are almost vertically looking up at it. Apart from that it is nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kermit said:

Wasn't the Park Terrace theater renovation going to give us another Studio Movie Grill sort of place?

They have a bar if that is what you mean.  No food though.  It is also my favorite theater now.  Watch a movie and then walk over to dot dot dot for a cocktail (or one of the other great spots in there beforehand for dinner). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, stw52 said:

? heard from a friend today that the old MacDonalds at Park and Woodlawn is being replaced by a Chase Bank. Is this right? I find it an odd site for a new Chase location.

Not sure but could be.  as intown locations are hard to come by especially near affluent neighborhoods like Myers Park it could be.  They have announced a couple of other locations in town but they really want to build up a brank network here.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, stw52 said:

? heard from a friend today that the old MacDonalds at Park and Woodlawn is being replaced by a Chase Bank. Is this right? I find it an odd site for a new Chase location.

Yes this is true.  Went to pick up Cava on Friday night and they have a coming soon sign for the Chase branch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1