Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2 new construction trailers showed up at park and mockingbird the last 2 days. Anybody know what these would be for? The apt complex across mockingbird appears to be finished, the Pfeiffer tower has been renovated?  
are they getting ready to build on the parking lot on the corner now?  
this is directly across park rd from Brawleys beverage
thanks

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not quite Montford, but this seems the most relevant thread to ask.  The church at the corner of Woodlawn and Selwyn just to the east of Park Road Shopping has fencing up and there has been some considerable demo going on.  It appears the main building is untouched but everything else, bible study classrooms, rec space, any administrative space, is down.  Does anyone know if this is just a church rebuild or are we looking at some potential residential? 

11 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

Not quite Montford, but this seems the most relevant thread to ask.  The church at the corner of Woodlawn and Selwyn just to the east of Park Road Shopping has fencing up and there has been some considerable demo going on.  It appears the main building is untouched but everything else, bible study classrooms, rec space, any administrative space, is down.  Does anyone know if this is just a church rebuild or are we looking at some potential residential? 

Per Accela, looks like 34 townhomes called "Selwyn Towns." Good Properties as developer. 

Given the Nolen Townhomes just down the street are selling from $950k - $1.1 million, I'd expect something pricey. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Per Accela, looks like 34 townhomes called "Selwyn Towns." Good Properties as developer. 

Given the Nolen Townhomes just down the street are selling from $950k - $1.1 million, I'd expect something pricey. 

I believe they merged congregations with the Methodist church down the road on Woodlawn and sold that property. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, go_vertical said:

3 hours ago, sclark said:

I believe they merged congregations with the Methodist church down the road on Woodlawn and sold that property. 

Yes, Selwyn UMC merged with Grace UMC in 2020 to become Woodlawn Community Fellowship, located at Grace's campus at 737 E Woodlawn Road.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/10/04/church-merger-leads-to-new-townhome-community.html

• Like 4

15 hours ago, theronhobbs said:

Yes, Selwyn UMC merged with Grace UMC in 2020 to become Woodlawn Community Fellowship, located at Grace's campus at 737 E Woodlawn Road.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/10/04/church-merger-leads-to-new-townhome-community.html

Speaking of the E. Woodlawn campus, the church is actively working to redevelop that into mixed use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

There may be a Park Road thread but I will take this one. Out for gas yesterday at Park and Woodlawn and the gas station/C store, not next to the Chick-fil-a but catty-corner is closed and windows covered, maybe plywood. Pump nozzles with sleeves and yellow chain at entry. This looks more than a rebrand. Is it disappearing for other use?

Also, and if so, there have been several gas stations lost in the Tryon to Selwyn (roughly) corridor over the past few years and only the QT at South and Clanton to take their place. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 1:00 PM, tarhoosier said:

There may be a Park Road thread but I will take this one. Out for gas yesterday at Park and Woodlawn and the gas station/C store, not next to the Chick-fil-a but catty-corner is closed and windows covered, maybe plywood. Pump nozzles with sleeves and yellow chain at entry. This looks more than a rebrand. Is it disappearing for other use?

Also, and if so, there have been several gas stations lost in the Tryon to Selwyn (roughly) corridor over the past few years and only the QT at South and Clanton to take their place. 

On a related note, the Shell on Graham at the I-85 interchange closed a couple weeks ago.  Think there is at least one closed gas station on Sugar Creek at I-85 interchange as well but that has been closed for a while now (also the Taco Bell next to it was recently torn down).

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 1:00 PM, tarhoosier said:

The very earliest signs of the electric vehicle takeover?

• Like 1

I think that tipping point will come later. My guess is that higher land value required other use. On the third of those corners was a former Cstore/McDonalds/gas station and it is now Truist. Station on the point in front of Zacks at Scaleybark and South is part of development planned there. Can someone confirm the station on South Blvd that is nearly across from the Aldi  (or Lidl, I forget) just south of Greystone has closed? With all the construction on South I avoid that route.

I have always called that one the Namaste station. Behind the glass cashier window was a South Indian man and when I purchased something there he gave me the palms together with fingers upward and head bow gesture and I responded in kind with Namaste. The Namaste gas station.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namaste

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1