Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

This topic should probably be changed to Montford Park area projects, but CBJ is reporting Pfieffer University Charlotte will be relocating into the new renovated office building. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/10/12/pfeiffer-university-in-charlotte-relocating-to.html#i3

Renderings included in the article.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

This topic should probably be changed to Montford Park area projects, but CBJ is reporting Pfieffer University Charlotte will be relocating into the new renovated office building. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/10/12/pfeiffer-university-in-charlotte-relocating-to.html#i3

Renderings included in the article.

Really like the facade improvements,  This building needs new life.

10-12-2016 4-00-01 PM.png

10-12-2016 3-58-25 PM.png

10-12-2016 3-58-08 PM.png

10-12-2016 3-57-50 PM.png

• Like 4

@AP3 what kind of road improvements are you hearing about? I've heard another stop light will be added at park/mockingbird but no right turn lanes. I don't consider that an improvement. There is a stoplight at abbey and another at Seneca. There's enough already. And why would Grubb make improvements to Montford?  

Just asking how any of these are improvements. I'm tired of people saying more stop lights and stop signs are improvements. I know the city is planning to do some streetscape projects to Montford in a few years. 

We need right turn lanes from park onto Woodlawn and Woodlawn onto park. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QClifer said:

@AP3 what kind of road improvements are you hearing about? I've heard another stop light will be added at park/mockingbird but no right turn lanes. I don't consider that an improvement. There is a stoplight at abbey and another at Seneca. There's enough already. And why would Grubb make improvements to Montford?  

Just asking how any of these are improvements. I'm tired of people saying more stop lights and stop signs are improvements. I know the city is planning to do some streetscape projects to Montford in a few years. 

See below 

10-13-2016 11-45-18 AM.png

1 hour ago, QClifer said:

I would go as far as saying those additions will make it worse. There are already too many lights on the section of Park and is a nightmare. That area needs more connectivity, not more traffic lights.  Adding a light at Mockingbird? Why? There is another light 0.1m down the street. If they need to go the light, it's out the back of the parking lot and two lefts.

• Like 1

It seems like there should be a connection between Wakefield Dr. and either Abbey Pl. or Hedgemore. Hedgemore to Seneca would also be a cheap win. Halstead to Mockingbird and Terrence to Lamont would also help the area, but would probably get NIMBY'd to death. There are a lot of creeks in the area, though, so that might play into calculations as well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 2:28 PM, AP3 said:

The elevations have been posted for the townhomes at the corner of Woodlawn and Halstead.  They don't really fit in with the vibe of Madison Park.

10-26-2016 2-24-38 PM.png

In contrast, these are proposed a few blocks down.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2016/132-139/2016-137 site plan rev.pdf

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 6.07.54 PM.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, QClifer said:

Im going to the first of several discussions tonight on plans for streetscape, parking, traffic etc on Montford dr. Will report back later tonight. 

Is this in reference to the Montford Area Plan?  I was beginning to wonder what happened to all of the buzz surrounding the Montford Drive streetscape project.

Edited by AP3

I'm getting concerned about so many small scale projects going in on this stretch of Park. The cut-outs and driveways need to be reduced and that doesn't seem to be happening. Those older houses-turned businesses don't get a whole lot of traffic but with this, the Viva Chicken and other new businesses the in and out traffic will make a bad stretch of Park even worse. The five + cars in a row making u-turns right there at Woodlawn don't help the situation either.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, go_vertical said:

I'm getting concerned about so many small scale projects going in on this stretch of Park. The cut-outs and driveways need to be reduced and that doesn't seem to be happening. Those older houses-turned businesses don't get a whole lot of traffic but with this, the Viva Chicken and other new businesses the in and out traffic will make a bad stretch of Park even worse. The five + cars in a row making u-turns right there at Woodlawn don't help the situation either.

.... yet we complain about large developments and superblocks...   This is why the city needs to force developers to use allyways when they are available and not cave to neighorhoods when they (Elizabeth) don't want them (7th st apartments)

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 1

Sorry for the delay. Not much happened at the meeting. They basically wanted to get people input of what they were looking for. Business owners, property owners and I guess just old retired people attended. Property owners wanted parking number 1. 

Trees and outdoor seating was #1 from the general public. Better sidewalks and connectivity followed

I believe we have already seen that a stop light will be put up at park rd and mockingbird for the new crescent development(pfeiffer). They want to add a stoplight at Woodlawn and Montford. That is not guaranteed currently. 

They want to connect montford to abbey place between angry ales and south side bar. With a street and sidewalks. Get a connection from abbey place to the greenway, prob most unlikely since it would have to go through private property and be expensive. 

Another credit union will be built on park rd almost across from the Starbucks in one of those little barber shop houses.  Most people stated they wanted to cut down on driveways and curb cuts  

the next meeting will be more informational with drawings and ideas from the architecture group(3-4monts from now)  entire project is 5-10years away from being completed. They have to find money to pay for this

• Like 1