Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

11 hours ago, Finkle said:

I don't live in that neighborhood and there's not enough public transportation to get to Monford easily. I have planned to go to dinner over there quite a few times and could not find a place to park and went somewhere else to eat.

FWIW You couldn't park in this place's parking lot anyway unless you were going to Southside. 

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Shake Shack site. Hope this restaurant doesn't generate a lot of cars LOL as I am not sure where they will park. Today. 

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

Parking is becoming a huge problem here, Smashburger has nearly no parking and is always slammed. Luckily I can walk to Montford/Parkroad area. Honestly would love for them to close traffic on Montford from Fridays-Sundays.

• Like 1

does anybody have the initial drawings? I dont remember what they looked like,     
and can we get some damn right turn lanes at the park/woodlawn intersection and move the 2 bus stops at the intersection headed north on park, thanks

Page 13 has an elevation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Brief history from the Rezoning files in order of significant plan changes.  These were the four before settling on the above.  Oddly enough the Drexel side they're moving forward with first appeared in Revision 4 but then they went away from it only to come back to it near the end.

http://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2015Petitions/Pages/2015-093.aspx

image.png.53940b9cb6b64c88dd2196eab7625fbe.png

image.png.ccc9aaad08effd81d1172109f526bdca.png

image.png.87dfe0a0e73769872488e59c08916f66.png

image.png.5ed92a44505f91422cca4204bdcf9a3c.png

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

On 10/17/2017 at 7:42 AM, AP3 said:

The rezoning for the Melrose Place apartments on Woodlawn was approved after two years. Quite the departure from the initial elevations.

6343342a0e83969f108edadbf1c98d10.png

fb18a70166801dd0e98c5c1b0b71f13a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to look up fiber cement siding.  Seems to be various ways this could be used (siding veneer vs. shingling).  I'm assuming it will be aesthetically pleasing, just curious how it's going to be used?

On 8/18/2017 at 10:40 PM, Popsickle said:

I thought this forum was strictly against parking?

Parking should not be added in places that are well-served by transit, very walkable, or which already have a surplus of parking. Montford is none of those. They should build a "Charlotte Special" parking deck and apartments on Abbey Place.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, queensguy06 said:

I had to look up fiber cement siding.  Seems to be various ways this could be used (siding veneer vs. shingling).  I'm assuming it will be aesthetically pleasing, just curious how it's going to be used?

A lot of newer houses/ apartments are being sided with this stuff (HardieBoard or Plank) I believe Brightwalk houses used it if you need a visual. My neighborhood when it was built used a wood fiber board that didn't hold up to time. So when my neighbors and I periodically have to replace the damaged boards it gets replaced with HardieBoard. It looks exactly the same. Plus we're told it lasts forever.

Edited by 11 HouseBZ
words

• 4 weeks later...

i read on a neighborhood FB page that the greenway extension from Tyvolva to Brandywine(park rd shopping center) will not be completed till 2021.   Is this true?   I know the section south of Tyvola is about to open, you would think they would have done the extension from Brandywine to Tyvola first to continue the trail, then I realize its govt at work 

2 hours ago, southslider said:

^County is building south of Tyvola. City is building north of Tyvola. Without a true trail south of Freedom Park to Brandywine, not sure leaving a gap until 2021 south of Brandywine to Tyvola is  all that horrible.

i thought there was a section between freedom park and Brandywine. Maybe it's not the final greenway. Looks finalized to me at least.   Usually pretty busy on the wknd with people out walking

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, QClifer said:

Does anybody know if the rezoning for Southside bar on Montford has happened yet? Or when it will happen?  I know they were shooting for late fall.   That’s gonna be a game changer for the street

It shows approved a couple of weeks ago. But the site plan doesn't really show what they are planning other than street front mixed use.  I'm not too sure how much a "game changer" it will be regardless...that area is already insanely packed on the weekend.  The line to get into Jeff Bucket shop at 1am was 20 deep on Friday.  :tw_dizzy:

On 10/20/2017 at 10:57 AM, SgtCampsalot said:

fiber cement siding is Hardieboard? Oh heck yeah, Hardieboard is the best thing on the market now. It looks like wood, holds up better than anything. And it can be painted.

Agree, I have it on my house, garage, and  storage building.   It is now used on houses along the ocean, because it will not blow off like  vinyl siding  and will not burn.

• Like 1