Montford Drive

Miesian Corners

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

What happened to our Alamo drafthouse at Park Terrace?

Too many things didn't line up, and there wasn't a vision that lined up perfectly.

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Too many things didn't line up, and there wasn't a vision that lined up perfectly.

:tw_heartbreak:

Alamo Drafthouse is too cool for that part of Charlotte anyways :-/ 

It belongs in Plaza-Midwood IMHO. 

8 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

That parking lot at Park Road Shopping center will be a disaster. Imagine when something goes where Fuel Pizza used to be.

Theres already a Cava going there. 

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have information on what is going in northeast the Pfeiffer university building that was renovated recently?  Corner of Abbey place and Hedgemore drive.  I drove by on Sunday and there was a crane up, so I imagine its something that will be 5 or more stories.  Hopefully its something worth cutting down all the mature trees on the site.

from the Business Journal subscriber article 8/24/2018

""Grubb Properties has broken ground on a parking garage and begun site work for Link Apartments Montford, which will initially add 288 apartments to a submarket that's been branded as Montford Park. Grubb rezoned the site, on the east side of Park Road between Mockingbird Lane and Abbey Place, in 2016 to allow a mixture of uses. That includes up to 600,000 square feet of commercial space (inclusive of existing office space on site) and up to 450 residential units.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/24/grubb-properties-preps-site-for-first-multifamily.html

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Lunch in the area today some photos of the new Novel Montford apartments and the Park Montford office tower renovation.  and the new Lennar/Calatlantic townhomes along Woodlawn Rd.

IMG_4006.JPG

giphy-2.gif

HiBNkOKRhBJew.gif

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Do you guys support or oppose the growth in the Park Rd/Montford Park area?  

Me personally - I think traffic is bad but I'm usually not anti-growth.  I believe in density and wish Park Rd could be widened at the same time. Due to the narrow nature of Park Rd it probably couldn't support Streetcar service on it. (Streetcar from Uptown, down Kenilworth, Park Rd to Fairview Rd/Southpark area)

10 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Do you guys support or oppose the growth in the Park Rd/Montford Park area?  

Me personally - I think traffic is bad but I'm usually not anti-growth.  I believe in density and wish Park Rd could be widened at the same time. Due to the narrow nature of Park Rd it probably couldn't support Streetcar service on it. (Streetcar from Uptown, down Kenilworth, Park Rd to Fairview Rd/Southpark area)

Traffic is bad everywhere IMHO.  I rather see growth along bustling existing neighborhoods closer to the business districts than just plopping up more faux neighborhoods along Providence.  People are going to commute to work regardless...I rather see the commute as short as possible.   70k-ish people work in SouthPark which is a short 5min drive from Montford.  

If I were looking at this as a Sim City game then all non-incremental development would stop along the Providence Rd, Randolph Rd, Park Rd corridors and be redirected literally anywhere else.

These corridors are the least able to have rail, the least likely to want BRT (for reasons), and have the highest amount of sprawl suburb growth far south meaning they will have the most congestion for the longest amount of time.

Now obviously there are real world factors at play that outweigh an "ideal" development progression, so that's not reasonable.

I just wish they’d add right turn lanes at park and Woodlawn, park and Seneca, park and tyvola etc. it drives me crazy sitting 3 cars back I swear everytime trying to make a right turn.   I live in the area so it really annoys me.  I don’t mind the growth and Montford is a great entertainment area

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Can any of the wonderfully intelligent and knowledgeable residents of this forum clue me into what is going in on the first floor retail element of the Novel Montford Park development?  I heard a rumor of a rhino market... but it was likely just wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw some heavy equipment and dumpsters at the Southside Lounge on Montfort (old Andrew Blair’s). The top is already partially demo’ed. Is the whole building coming down?  Anyone know what’s going on there?

That building always seemed like it had great potential but never did well.