Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UTgrad09

Labor group protests over Nashville area hotel wages

1 post in this topic

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130217/NEWS01/302170099/Labor-group-protests-hotel-housekeepers-pay

Both hotels (Best Western Music Row and Comfort Inn Downtown on Division/Demonbreun Sts) are owned by Rajesh Aggarwal, the man who recently bought Hickory Hollow Mall (now Global Mall at The Crossings).

I don't know whether or not the allegations are true, and really, I didn't start this thread about that...but more from the other side of things, could a situation like this force the hotels to close or possibly be sold? With Mr. Aggarwal now focusing a lot of attention on his new mall venture, I would imagine he does NOT want this sort of negative attention.

Both are pretty crappy hotels (the buildings, at least), but in excellent locations (especially the Comfort Inn). If this is an ongoing issue, or if more information comes to light, do you think he would think of selling the hotels (or, simply, the properties) to 'get rid' of his problems (and possibly free up some capital to work on his new, bigger project)?