Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, hinsp0 said:

Probably a high likelihood of redevelopment whenever Duke moves into the first proposed Lincoln Harris building on the Observer site.  I think LH pulled the rug out from under crescent (tryon place) on securing Duke as an anchor tenant.  Obviously there has been no public announcement.  Just offering information received from generally reliable sources.

Also, went to the baseball game last night and I was impressed by the demolition progress.

I've heard from other "generally reliable sources" the tenant is NOT Duke. There are so many rumors and assumptions and speculations flying around it doesn't do any good to continue on without full confirmation. That said, it is obvious Duke is doing something somewhere. 

1 hour ago, cjd5050 said:

It's a shame what happened to Tryon Place but it will get built at some point.  Just a matter of time. 

Here's the thing....NOTHING happened to Tryon Place other than a delay that is incredibly common for a project that was planned to go spec. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dale said:

Do we know this is the case with Tryon Place, or just speculation.

If you look at the former tryon place proposal, it had a very environmentally friendly theme "hint". But they are changing paths apparently. Probably going to be a mix of Duke and Goldman here with Tryon place left to pick up the leftovers. 

25 minutes ago, cjd5050 said:

I didn't see that.  Would be happy to be wrong as I would love to see Tryon place go up.  Very happy to be wrong.

My insider contacts have told me that it'd be foolish for me to count Tryon Place out.

12 hours ago, mpretori said:

From the observer. 

The other side looks almost completely gone. 

cp_PARKING.jpg

In my fantasy land scenario, the city and county own that track line, use that portion to begin the burrow underground that runs it under Stonewall all the way down until it reappears in the median of 74 and hauls ass out to Matthews.  Have about 3-4 underground light rail stations and Charlotte gets its pseudo-subway. 

Bank of America Stadium/Lincoln Harris Mall

Stonewall

Brooklyn Village

Then probably like, 7th and McDowell.

The western portion curves under 277 like the current heavy rail, bridges over 77 then boots along out to the airport.  Blue line connection at Stonewall with underground connection to the Silver Line.

:offtopic:

• Like 4