Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I mean. It is what it is, without having seen it, my initial thoughts of another crowned building on this site is I would have preferred the shorter one be domed like Capitol towers or whatever it's called in South Park. 

(I wish this project looked like One Charlotte)

I hope there isn't another pyramid-type crown on this site. If the other components of this site are hotel and/or residential I don't see a crown making sense. IMO crowns only belong on office towers; that is, unless the hotel has a large central atrium. Residential towers don't need a gaudy statement at the top.

40 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

I hope there isn't another pyramid-type crown on this site. If the other components of this site are hotel and/or residential I don't see a crown making sense. IMO crowns only belong on office towers; that is, unless the hotel has a large central atrium. Residential towers don't need a gaudy statement at the top.

In fact a gaudy statement probably hurts the sale price of a penthouse suite in the case of a condo.

20 hours ago, cltcane said:

Don't knock 1996, RDF.  It was a good year.  There was a Clinton in the White House, an affable and pragmatic Pat McCrory had just been elected Charlotte's youngest mayor, the Summer Olympics were just down the road in Atlanta, Blackstreet gave us 'No Diggity', the Panthers made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history, and the Hornets drafted and then immediately traded future 18x NBA All-Star Kobe Bryant to the Lakers for Vlade Divac, a move that would ensure the team's status as a perennial championship contender for the next two decades.

You forgot the N64.  And Poland.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

They've added 933 parking spaces.....my lord

They've added a very obvious small podium for a building to sit on top of along Mint. Based on the now thinness of the parcel, this will be our first residential building announced. increasing the count by 933 signals that this project might have gotten way bigger. 

6 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

Think there's a chance we'll be seeing condos as part of this project or will this most likely continue the apartment trend?

There will absolutely be a condo component. I'd imagine it'd be at the scale of Skye Condos however, same kind of make up, hotel and condos.

I look at this periodically because I like this project, but I resolved not to post, as I don't want to burst anyone's bubble that  Charlotte isn't a real city.  This was too good to pass up though!  Trust me: a hick town like Charlotte is not getting a Foster any time soon (if ever).  

Foster is far more suited to a nice lowrise project in Chapel Hill since it's far more cosmopolitan and erudite than Charlotte.

Charlotte will just keep building heinous, 20 to 30 story, eyesore residentials like the Ascent and Skyhouse.

1 hour ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

I look at this periodically because I like this project, but I resolved not to post, as I don't want to burst anyone's bubble that  Charlotte isn't a real city.  This was too good to pass up though!  Trust me: a hick town like Charlotte is not getting a Foster any time soon (if ever).  

Foster is far more suited to a nice lowrise project in Chapel Hill since it's far more cosmopolitan and erudite than Charlotte.

Charlotte will just keep building heinous, 20 to 30 story, eyesore residentials like the Ascent and Skyhouse.

What do you like about this project?

Hick town?  Not even pretending any more huh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

You are obviously confused as to the meaning of a city. A city is where large numbers of people live, since Charlotte is the 17th largest place is the USA, it is a real city. 

But apart from that, you seem to have your head so far up your own ass, than I think you should take it and f'off to Chapel Hill. :) 

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

You do realize that you can post about this project with giving your opinion on the city as a whole? And I mean this in all due respect as I acknowledge that you are the one true judge as to when a city becomes a "real" city.

• Like 1