Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

This Bisnow article is saying Bank of America will vacate 500K sq ft they  think in uptown when their new office is done in Legacy.  Does anyone know about this and where it might be?  I know they have some out clauses at 5/3 Center, Hearst,  which they owned but sold.  

“There’s going to be a lot of availability, a lot of holes to backfill,” he said. “Bank of America is going to leave about a half million SF, we think, when they take their new tower in a couple of years.”

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/charlotte/news/commercial-real-estate/is-it-too-early-to-call-the-game-81400?utm_source=MorningBrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20171114_charlotte_morningbrief&be=kj%40charlottehomes.com?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

I am not sure they will be vacating that much space but somebody knows. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Windsurfer said:

Looks like they're doing all sorts of preliminary boring at the site between the tower under construction and the stadium

They really hyped this site up with the articles claiming “up to $5 million square feet”. Better not disappoint with the final result.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2017 at 3:52 PM, Windsurfer said:

Looks like they're doing all sorts of preliminary boring at the site between the tower under construction and the stadium

The second phase of Legacy Union is still in the planning stages but will include retail and possibly additional office, residential and hospitality development. Construction on additional development could begin as early as the end of 2017.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/prnewswire/press_releases/North_Carolina/2017/08/09/CL61240

So I’m guessing the site work you saw is phase II. I’m gonna guess this will be announced soon that RDF was alluding to. No other company seems to care as much as being tight lipped as LH. Which I don’t blame them. I wouldn’t want other developers knowing my hand and Profiting off of my development before I cashed in on it 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I think what you are seeing is work on the parking deck.

The deck on the south side of the tower seems like a missed opportunity.  I hope they're building the deck to support a future building on top, but the site plan makes it look like it will just be the deck without anything on top.

The deck on the south side of the tower seems like a missed opportunity.  I hope they're building the deck to support a future building on top, but the site plan makes it look like it will just be the deck without anything on top.

It’s not built to support anything, but the good news is it means none of the other buildings need their own parking. There’s room for 2 towers on mint, one on stonewall and church and two fronting Tryon. It’d be nice if it was all buried but the ground is granite and pretty unforgiving. No idea how wells afforded it initially.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drive by the BOAT at Legacy Union.  Today out the window at 65 mph.   1/3 the way up or less and already impacting skyline. 
IMG_3558.thumb.JPG.31094a44cb09c73baa77482389473e2e.JPG
IMG_3559.thumb.JPG.6085ea1ce6eb35c031ba655b29083961.JPG

Exactly 1/3 the way before the pyramid starts. So. Stubby. Ugh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk