Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment. BofA Office Tower + ???)

2 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Bingo! Nobody wants to go fly somewhere that it is cold

But, but, but, global warming is on our side... so maybe in 100 years?!

Don’t think they will let anything impede the skyline view from the stadium

Um, who’s they? They panthers aren’t going to impede development because of the view. If anything they should be nervous about losing all the parking in southend and uptown. Lincoln Harris will build whatever it wants on mint, there’s no neighbors to say no, and it’s a UMUD property. Not to mention, there’s no building that could be built that blocks the skyline. These projects will lengthen the skyline from BofA, not block it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

^what's the definition of a "neighbor"?

I mean neighbors who’s view it’ll block. It’s UMUD so that “view blocking” argument is null and void. You can build as tall as the FAA allows there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hunted said:

You got to see a fantastic game! Panthers made a statement today beating the current #1 seed!

Was a great game.  First time this year to a game and the views of Legacy are great especially from the upper deck. You can really see how large the blocks are that are to be developed by Lincoln Harris. 

20 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Panthers did week 4. I believe that was their last lost. 

I forgot about that.  NE looks invincible now, but the Panthers are also starting to play very well.

• Haha 1

I mean... I get what you are saying... but the construction fencing for this project literally says "Panthers" and "Keep Pounding".   The thread has definitely been off topic a few times, but to some extent the project and the panthers are connected.  The stadium being across Mint Street will affect the retail feel of Legacy Union, and the development along Mint Street could feasibly impact the stadium's long term viability if done correctly.  I do understand it is not a panthers reaction thread though.

• Like 2

I sat in section 514 (pretty much center on the Graham Street side) row 24 and the building is just starting to be visible over the edge near the scoreboard, it is gonna look massive once completed, not to mention other new buildings on site. 

• Like 1