Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I find it hard to believe that there will be a new stadium.   Since every major city has a team, where could new owners threaten to go?  London or Mexico?  I don't think that's viable.

Raleigh would be my best guess. 

Im still waiting patiently for new details.  I’m gonna take lack of details as substantial progress being made. 

3 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Raleigh would be my best guess. 

Im still waiting patiently for new details.  I’m gonna take lack of details as substantial progress being made. 

St. Louis no longer has the Rams, and Oakland won't have a team once the Raiders move to Las Vegas

Charlotte is a way better market than Raleigh or St. L, and the Bay Area has the Niners.

The only better markets than Clt that lacked teams were LA and LV, and they both have teams now.

Because Clt is rapidly improving as a market, I could see MLB teams from lamer cities like KC, St. L, or Milwaukee moving here.  Clt might not have to wait for a league expansion to have an MLB team, and I can't see the Panthers going anywhere.

Edited by SydneyCarton

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's a historic team, but Clt is a better market than St L, KC, or Milwaukee.

Those teams aren’t going anywhere, especially not the Cardinals.  

The Rays or Athletics are the only possible teams to be considered for relocation.  Expansion is more likely, from what I’ve gathered.

• Like 2

St Louis is the best baseball market in the country (and I hate the Cardinals).  That team will NEVER move.  There was a time in recent years when the Royals and Brewers struggled but not now.  Besides, those teams should not move, they belong in those communities.  Also, Kansas City is not a lame city...I love it and it has made great progress.  It's a pretty hot city these days.

If any team should move it's the Rays.  No support (largely due to the awful stadium design and location).  They have a plan to address so we'll see.  The White Sox won't move but Chicago has the Cubs, support is tepid and the stadium stinks.  Oakland is losing Raiders and Warriors so even with Giants across the Bay, they should be left alone.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Charlotte is a way better market than Raleigh or St. L, and the Bay Area has the Niners.

The only better markets than Clt that lacked teams were LA and LV, and they both have teams now.

Because Clt is rapidly improving as a market, I could see MLB teams from lamer cities like KC, St. L, or Milwaukee moving here.  Clt might not have to wait for a league expansion to have an MLB team, and I can't see the Panthers going anywhere.

And regarding football, LA will be a more lucrative market but it's not better.  And Las Vegas is a huge gamble (pun intended).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I think everyone is referencing the building that will be built on top of BB&T’s parking garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the circular ramp can support up to  12  or was it 20?? story addition on top.  This info was from the sales material for BBT center.  It did sell.  Don't think there has been any info publicly about what the new owners plans are.

Edited by navigator319
  • Like 2

Only the circular ramp can support up to  12  or was it 20?? story addition on top.  This info was from the sales material for BBT center.  It did sell.  Don't think there has been any info publicly about what the new owners plans are.

Ah, okay, that’s what I was referencing then the circular ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was referencing 401 S Graham (across from BB&T Ballpark), but I was too lazy to look up address.

Sorry... Didn't mean to derail conversation from Legacy Union again.  To get back on track, @ricky_davis_fan_21, can you remind me when they will announce next phase, and which phase it might be?  Also, do you think the architecture will be consistent?

Edited by J-Rob