Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

^what's the definition of a "neighbor"?

I mean neighbors who’s view it’ll block. It’s UMUD so that “view blocking” argument is null and void. You can build as tall as the FAA allows there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Hunted said:

You got to see a fantastic game! Panthers made a statement today beating the current #1 seed!

Was a great game.  First time this year to a game and the views of Legacy are great especially from the upper deck. You can really see how large the blocks are that are to be developed by Lincoln Harris. 

• Like 1

I mean... I get what you are saying... but the construction fencing for this project literally says "Panthers" and "Keep Pounding".   The thread has definitely been off topic a few times, but to some extent the project and the panthers are connected.  The stadium being across Mint Street will affect the retail feel of Legacy Union, and the development along Mint Street could feasibly impact the stadium's long term viability if done correctly.  I do understand it is not a panthers reaction thread though.

• Like 2

Just curious, who thinks a potential stadium move even if 5-8 yrs from now mite affect the remaining build out as its currently planned? I recall this being brought up before but now that relocation, stadium wise, with new ownership could actually be a "thing" Is it likely to impact the residental and hotel pieces(in terms of size and branding) or not so much? Maybe those in the know would have a better prediction on this. I know its not one of the major concerns on developers radar and please, as not to tick any one off, lets not go off on a panthers spill.

19 minutes ago, FLOSC843 said:

Just curious, who thinks a potential stadium move even if 5-8 yrs from now mite affect the remaining build out as its currently planned? I recall this being brought up before but now that relocation, stadium wise, with new ownership could actually be a "thing" Is it likely to impact the residental and hotel pieces(in terms of size and branding) or not so much? Maybe those in the know would have a better prediction on this. I know its not one of the major concerns on developers radar and please, as not to tick any one off, lets not go off on a panthers spill.

Think of BofA Stadium as an island that gets visited twice a month for like 4-5 months. Even if someone built an entertainment district anchored by BofA, it would have no problem sustaining itself should the stadium move. Relying on a venue that gets a dozen or so events a year would be a bad business model. I don't think an NFL stadium is quite the development juggernaut baseball or basketball are. I mean the 74,000 people per game is nothing to sneeze, but don't think it'll affect much change in Legacy Union. Not to mention the stadium ain't going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Had a meeting Uptown this morning... The church side (the garage and future development side) has the crane base already installed. You also can see the foundation pylons sticking out of the ground.

Tryon side (tower block) the attached structure was starting on the next floor (not sure if 2nd or 3rd).

5a3be984d3c8b_LegacyUnion-ChurchSide12_21_2017.thumb.PNG.9ca53710269afd8751bbd64f3a6e236c.PNG

5a3bea90c2011_LegacyUnion-TryonSide12_21_2017.thumb.PNG.408a25f289cff9f910c92fc0f7f3cb23.PNG

The first floor of the building spans 2.5 floors in actual height, so they are probably on the 2nd floor.