Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This looks impressive already.

Are the third and fifth photos of a garage that's under construction or did they start another tower?

Thats the huge garage on the 2nd block that will serve the tower and other buildings I think.  Because of the slope the entrance from S Church will be a couple of floors up from the bottom.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Thats the huge garage on the 2nd block that will serve the tower and other buildings I think.  Because of the slope the entrance from S Church will be a couple of floors up from the bottom.  

Thanks.  That's what I thought.  Hopefully, some of the other towers on this site will start soon.

Thanks.  That's what I thought.  Hopefully, some of the other towers on this site will start soon.

Nothing has been submitted to the planning dept beyond the office tower and parking deck. So nothing is starting soon. Soon as something gets submitted one of us people who watch the planning site religiously will let everyone know. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question, purely for our speculation... I was wondering how the remaining development on this site will be affected by the Panther’s stadium relocation uncertainties? I imagine the development facing Mint St would look far different if it wasn’t abutting an NFL stadium. This has to be hurting or at least causing pause for any plans for those remaining spots, no?

*Picture is from this weekend  

A7280FD8-9233-4847-AC1C-A64F79CB4BAE.thumb.jpeg.d22b18c860322f686e02f6f2d29ad3c6.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoshuaDrown said:

Question, purely for our speculation... I was wondering how the remaining development on this site will be affected by the Panther’s stadium relocation uncertainties? I imagine the development facing Mint St would look far different if it wasn’t abutting an NFL stadium. This has to be hurting or at least causing pause for any plans for those remaining spots, no?

*Picture is from this weekend  

A7280FD8-9233-4847-AC1C-A64F79CB4BAE.thumb.jpeg.d22b18c860322f686e02f6f2d29ad3c6.jpeg

I think its having minimal to moderate impact. BofA is an island and the only places directly affected by the possibility of it moving is those that cater to entertaining that island after people leave it, and before people go to it. Legacy Union isn't conceived to be another Epicentre. The portion facing the stadium was always planned to be residential with street level retail, not something that directly is affected by BofA Stadium. The Stadium leaving uptown might indirectly affect the area for the fact that it would remove one more sellable/marketable asset uptown. I don't think it would directly affect any development, just maybe indirectly. Bofa Stadium isn't driving development uptownn, institutional investment, a strong job market and a growing population is driving development uptown.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The portion facing the stadium was always planned to be residential with street level retail, not something that directly is affected by BofA Stadium

Even though there are only 12 or so active dates a year at BoA Stadium, I feel like that potential residential and retail fronting Mint becomes significantly less interesting if we find out the stadium is going away... the stadium is the only thing making that part of Mint interesting. Though this is a bad analogy, the empty stadium functions almost like public art, it is something interesting to look at, or like a church, where people come to on a pilgrimage. 

Wouldn’t the retail be on a significantly worse island without the stadium? I suppose in time the BoA site would provide an impressive blank canvas...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoshuaDrown said:

Even though there are only 12 or so active dates a year at BoA Stadium, I feel like that potential residential and retail fronting Mint becomes significantly less interesting if we find out the stadium is going away... the stadium is the only thing making that part of Mint interesting. Though this is a bad analogy, the empty stadium functions almost like public art, it is something interesting to look at, or like a church, where people come to on a pilgrimage. 

Wouldn’t the retail be on a significantly worse island without the stadium? I suppose in time the BoA site would provide an impressive blank canvas...

33 acres of blank canvas.