Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

On 2/14/2018 at 8:29 PM, sakami said:

Yes Uptown is still zoned for Myers Park High but it lost Dilworth and AG. These kids will now go to First Ward and Sedgefield Middle. Losing those schools in the elementary years will push families out of Uptown earlier than they probably planned. 

This is a big, big, big deal for parents.  Part of the reason we moved here is we wanted uptown but a good school district. Luckily my oldest won a lottery and is in an awesome charter school. 

But schools will def make a difference to those who started uptown, and want to continue here with their families.  

• Like 2

Digging the pink hue from the sun. Great pics from an angle we don’t see terribly often in this thread.
I like to envision future projects when I look at the skyline. I’m imagining an impressionable 401 S. Graham in this shot.

Huge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Huge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dominion’s website has views available from 390ft. Not sure if that’s their projected rooftop elevation or not. I’d imagine it’s relatively tentative, though. That’d make it bigger than its abreast neighbors, Element and Catalyst. Its location is what’s exciting to me. That section of Uptown between the main cluster of buildings and the train tracks could always use some more height/density.

Edited by Hunted

19 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Dominion’s website has views available from 390ft. Not sure if that’s their projected rooftop elevation or not. I’d imagine it’s relatively tentative, though. That’d make it bigger than its abreast neighbors, Element and Catalyst. It’s location is what’s exciting to me. That section of Uptown between the main cluster of buildings and the train tracks could always use some more height/density.

410 to the parapet I believe.

Additionally, that Dominion viewpoint shows 3 of the only 5 skyscrapers that were here before 1968: To the left of Ascent was what use to be Wachovia and to the right of Ascent  the 2 buildings of equal height adjacent to each other were the NCNB building and the Johnston Building. Charlotte has come a long way!

• Like 1

Drove by Legacy yesterday the glass being installed on Church Street side looked more green than blue also on approximately the 4th floor has a round ceiling soffit or tray that encompasses  the whole floor.

Edited by Finkle

The best thing about this project was how quickly construction began. The tease period was astonishingly short. It seemed like we’d read a news article and a couple minutes later the tallest building under construction in the state was underway. Why can’t all projects be this no-nonsense?!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

The best thing about this project was how quickly construction began. The tease period was astonishingly short. It seemed like we’d read a news article and a couple minutes later the tallest building under construction in the state was underway. Why can’t all projects be this no-nonsense?!

haha for those of us who knew about it behind the scenes it was a long drawn out process of waiting to blow our load and put it on the internet, you know what I mean @Jayvee. lol

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

The tease period was astonishingly short. It seemed like we’d read a news article and a couple minutes later the tallest building under construction in the state was underway.

I may be wrong on this, but after the completion of this building, Charlotte will have 9 out of 10 tallest skyscrapers in the North Carolina.  Pushed out #10 which was the old Walcovia/Wells building in Winston-Salem @ 460ft.  Only building outside of Charlotte to crack the top 10 is the PNC tower in Raleigh 538 ft.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I may be wrong on this, but after the completion of this building, Charlotte will have 9 out of 10 tallest skyscrapers in the North Carolina.  Pushed out #10 which was the old Walcovia/Wells building in Winston-Salem @ 460ft.  Only building outside of Charlotte to crack the top 10 is the PNC tower in Raleigh 538 ft.  

That is correct and about to have 13 of the top 15 with this and Tryon Place. 

24 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Now we just gotta knock that sucker out. LOL