Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

8 minutes ago, JBS said:

LegacyUnionplan.jpg

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if there had been changes to that.  It seems unlikely they’d place another building of any height there, given it’d be wall to wall with Legacy Union. There wouldn’t be much of a point of having windows facing north, haha.

I wonder what they would want to put there?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Hope it doesn't turn out like BB&T outfield.

They paid good money for that land.  Just by how they placed the structures on A and B (right up to the edges of their property) you can bet they will fill in the other parcels ... eventually.

7 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if there had been changes to that.  It seems unlikely they’d place another building of any height there, given it’d be wall to wall with Legacy Union. There wouldn’t be much of a point of having windows facing north, haha.

I wonder what they would want to put there?

Knowing nothing, I would guess that any tower would be directly on the corner of Stonewall and Tryon (diagonal from this).   I'm assuming low rise retail fronting Stonewall and running to Church.  I don't think they will leave much open space except for directly in front of the building leading to Tryon.  Pure conjecture...

11 minutes ago, Scribe said:

They paid good money for that land.  Just by how they placed the structures on A and B (right up to the edges of their property) you can bet they will fill in the other parcels ... eventually.

“Eventually” 

BB&T stadium also follows under that category.  Temporary parks at very least....

55 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

“Eventually” 

BB&T stadium also follows under that category.  Temporary parks at very least....

BB&T does not fall in the same category, these guys will have to monetize every square inch of this site minus whatever the required open space is. BB&T doesn't NEED to develop that land, they make revenue every game. I have drawn up a few "predictions" for this land and posted them on UP before. I'll see if I can find where they are.

image.thumb.png.45c9c0a1cfae3081e43346bec3b025c2.png

29 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Photos of my favorite new tower yes I said favorite. the 35 story BOAT at Legacy.   Today.  Rising like a phoenix out of the ashes of the Charlotte O. 

LH: please message me about the details on the topping off party.    (does anyone else know when this should be topped off about 20 floors now?) 

IMG_6647.JPG

IMG_6648.JPG

IMG_6650.JPG

IMG_6652.JPG

IMG_6653.JPG

I'd imagine 18-20 weeks from now it'll top out. The crown will be structural steel so that'll go quickly. 

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

skyline view forever ruined but what will be a 150' tall parking garage 

Are they putting any special screening or lighting on it to jazz it up?  They made need to contact Crescent and figure out how to implement Wonderwall 2.0.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Are they putting any special screening or lighting on it to jazz it up?  They made need to contact Crescent and figure out how to implement Wonderwall 2.0.

It'll look a lot like their Capitol Towers screening. Hopefully its sans ionic order columns 

image.png.74d358d1bac310b0f64b051e1041ac9b.png

It is enlightening to me that the Duke building that sits across Stonewall from BOAT and behind Duke tower is a building I have never seen. I have walked and driven past it, sat at the corner plaza of the property facing the stadium but the building never registered to me. I saw these photos and could not place the structure. It has no street presence and I have no reason to look upward as I go past.

• Like 1