Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Anyone gonna have a time lapse of this going up.  And, will this be the tallest tower to go up for the forseeable future?  

1. I should have, but lost interest early on.
2. Duke energy Center #2 was rumored at 36 floors, which is taller than this. But it remains to be seen how much “ornamentation” there will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though it's well documented that I dislike this project, I'd dislike it a lot less if they used granite instead of beige concrete.  I still wouldn't like the design but it would be significantly better overall.  As it is, every time I pass I wonder why clearly thoughtful and intelligent people admire this building...I truly don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Is it just me, or is this THE best picture we've gotten of this so far?! Dude, stellar freaking work capturing this while driving! Easily the #1 pic in this thread.

Window down on blue tooth talking to someone and using my point and shoot camera! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

I figure this was him for being able to be in 2 places at once. Seriously, this guy will be in Asheville, post photos, then 2 hrs later post photos of Wilmington from the same afternoon while at home. Lol props my man. 

da0df0d21fcaba2ab3fcd9dfeec49342--tom-hiddleston-loki-note.jpg.ddebb0a903c9d0b7e88a0a6a57f7e895.jpg

Thinking more like this:

image.jpeg.b9efdb8be0e5221b864482880f50048b.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

Saw this today; is proofreading dead?

OTOH, it is a stinker

/Try the veal

Onion.png

Glad I'm not the only one that calls it Legacy Onion

52 minutes ago, abttown said:

Drove by the Calvary Church off of Rea Road for the first time in a while and instantly thought of this project.  The color scheme is eerily similar :tw_frown:

Calgary.png

That'd make a very nice homeless shelter.

54 minutes ago, asthasr said:

Not really. Behind the giant, weird facade it's just a big box like a Lowe's or something. It's weirdly hilarious.

Huh?  Behind the facade is the chapel (or whatever you call it...I don't go to church). The backside is a giant day care facility but isn't big box at all.  My daughter went there for years  so I was in building  5x a week.   

20 hours ago, abttown said:

Drove by the Calvary Church off of Rea Road for the first time in a while and instantly thought of this project.  The color scheme is eerily similar :tw_frown:

Calgary.png

Calvary should move.  It has an enormous lot,  and such a prime location should be put to better use.