Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

12 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Well at least now know who to avoid.

I don’t think they should publicize they were responsible for the name, logo, media strategy, digital, etc...

All pretty horrendous in my opinion.

Agreed, the website is very poor, as is the logo. Just the formatting of this alone is horrible. 

image.thumb.png.c6ea9b7a8a4f07a30842bf0da2acfb62.png

14 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Well at least now know who to avoid.

I don’t think they should publicize they were responsible for the name, logo, media strategy, digital, etc...

All pretty horrendous in my opinion.

Looks like you need to add web development to your list.....

1042897539_Screenshot2018-05-2207_09_32.thumb.png.2dcefb7139087b35a41cebd2638b2805.png

On 5/18/2018 at 2:27 PM, AP3 said:

Do we know for certain that they will build on top of the parking deck attached to the tower?  Is it being constructed to support an office structure on top of it?

I wish the development would be like Titletown in Green Bay around the stadium.  More and more stadiums are going that route to bring more life and revenue to the stadium.  Hell if it were feasible I would conncet a branded hotel to the stadium with shops around the perimeter.  Or, the NC music factory right next door to the stadium.

7 minutes ago, bluehedgehogNS said:

How many floors is the parking deck next to the tower going to have?

Main Garage is 2 below ground 10 above. The other deck is 6 floors I believe. 

Edited by Guest

Taken at 1pm today. This thing is getting close to being out of frame. I'm counting about 25 floors (the transitioning between the open spaces and glass makes it a little difficult to get an accurate eyeball count). So, roughly either 8 or 10 (depending on your source) more floors to go, plus a pyramid. Yeah, this will definitely not all fit in the webcam frame.

download.jpg

Edited by Hunted
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

What prime redevelopment opportunities these garages will be when we all zipping around in on-demand driverless cars in a few years 

Speaking of which, why wouldn't they build the parking garage in the same footprint?  Is it an air rights issue?  Cost?  Both?  Something else?  Seems like a hell of a waste of prime real estate.

26 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

This view is incredible! Can anything be built on the back part of DEC?

Thats a very good question. I don't think so, but I'll see if there is anyone that knows.