Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

33 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Charlotte Rising today Legacy.  all 4 cranes were swinging. 

IMG_9926.JPG

IMG_9927.JPG

IMG_9929.JPG

IMG_9930.JPG

IMG_9932.JPG

Can't wait to tell people the story of this being completed the year of my birth, to excuse for the design.

In my totally worthless opinion, the building only really looks good in dull, drab, rainy days; in sunny days, you can really see the crapty concrete/stucco/etc. However, gray days make this tower look good.  

EDIT: Also, distance helps the tower a lot! From a distance (ie driving on 277 towards Uptown before the stadium)  and on a miserable day it almost looks good. 

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Remember Mr Harris I have not said anything negative about your tower and I am awaiting my invite to the topping off ceremony.   Sincerely KJ 

I'll work on getting you an invite. 

Edited by Guest

I am not entirely sure how to count the floors below the first level of glass, but using the parking deck as a general guide, it seems to me that we have reached the height with no setback that would indicate this is 35 floors instead of 33 floors.  Anybody else have insight into or thoughts related to this?

From webcam:

LU.thumb.jpg.8c2699fe358ab7c9d27ccc1fc0f0a76a.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

I count 27, 27 being the floor with the orange railing.  Of course if they were to add the extra floors they did so in the fat part.  Would have really done wonders for the proportions if they did that after the set back instead.  

I actually disagree, I think the skinnier part being so massive is what screws up the proportions. Give me some time to photoshop lol

image.thumb.png.f21298394a129a65c6b92ff9d7cdd198.png

This looks way better to me, I think its 8 floors taller. 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I actually disagree, I think the skinnier part being so massive is what screws up the proportions. Give me some time to photoshop lol

image.thumb.png.f21298394a129a65c6b92ff9d7cdd198.png

This looks way better to me, I think its 8 floors taller. 

Is this the actual rendering or your photoshopped version?