Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

A couple more and I don't see the smaller floorplates yet unless they start on the very floor they are working on the top.  I count 26 floors at this point.  Today.  Charlotte Rising. But maybe one of y'all can tell if you see the smaller floorplates.   As someone said Charlotte's most photographed building.  

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

it only really steps in on the corners. it stays pretty flat all the way to the top in the centers. from the webcam you can see. 

image.thumb.png.7598ac6dfc6c18dbe0668cdc7ef9f589.png

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

BREAKING: Setback outline now plainly visible with new alignment. 

IMG_3632.JPG

I remember we said that the pace of construction would pick up, but it actually feels like progress has slowed since they reached the setback. Likely just due to the corners being different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

I remember we said that the pace of construction would pick up, but it actually feels like progress has slowed since they reached the setback. Likely just due to the corners being different. 

I'm not an engineer but I believe with the new alignment it's like starting a new foundation almost. I've seen this in other buildings where that first setback floor seems to take much longer than the previous floors. I think it will go fast again from here. That last floor took nearly a month, though the accident may have played a role in the delay as well. I'm sticking with my late September topping out prediction. Or was it late August lol? I don't remember. 

Update: It was Aug 31. Sticking with it. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1

b62fbdce28437081e31bf2076446aa50.heic&key=4b72c09ce77f055a34f0a20827f11adabf349e4aa47262f213e4d8009ccab3b4

From BB&T Ballpark. 5 to go plus the pyramid? It will have a nice impact from so many angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6, plus 1.5 floor thick cornice, plus base of pyramid, then pyramid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just eyeballing this tower, I'm thinking it's ~400 feet today. Perhaps someone else could do a more technical analysis but I got a pretty good eye and lining  it up in various pics compared to the 786' DEC next door, I'm guessing it's 400-410 feet today. Starting to worry it might only be 632 feet in the end. Hope I'm wrong. Someone talk me off the ledge!!!! @ricky_davis_fan_21 ??

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Just eyeballing this tower, I'm thinking it's ~400 feet today. Perhaps someone else could do a more technical analysis but I got a pretty good eye and lining  it up in various pics compared to the 786' DEC next door, I'm guessing it's 400-410 feet today. Starting to worry it might only be 632 feet in the end. Hope I'm wrong. Someone talk me off the ledge!!!! @ricky_davis_fan_21 ??

I mean the approved plan says 35 floors 656'. Below is final approved illustrated elevation. Theres quit a bit of "stuff" before it gets to the pyramid itself.

image.thumb.png.cbb6afc8c649c2f7187fd62dbab51a4b.png

That said its feeling closer to 632 to me too. Also I gotta say theres about 1000 things that are conflicting out there. I have a ton of different renderings. 

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I mean the approved plan says 35 floors 656'. Below is final approved illustrated elevation. Theres quit a bit of "stuff" before it gets to the pyramid itself.

image.thumb.png.cbb6afc8c649c2f7187fd62dbab51a4b.png

That said its feeling closer to 632 to me too. Also I gotta say theres about 1000 things that are conflicting out there. I have a ton of different renderings. 

Yeah I'm thinking it might not even be 400 feet yet. To me it looks like it lines up nearly exactly at the halfway point of DEC which would put it at 393' give or take. (Though I'm not exactly using best practices for these calculations lol) 

In fact, looking at my diagram again, I realize this is just an exercise in futility and we are all stupider for having looked at my analysis. 

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Yeah I'm thinking it might not even be 400 feet yet. To me it looks like it lines up nearly exactly at the halfway point of DEC which would put it at 393' give or take. (Though I'm not exactly using best practices for these calculations lol) 

In fact, looking at my diagram again, I realize this is just an exercise in futility and we are all stupider for having looked at my analysis. 

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

well per elevations we should be right at 400' above tryon and 411' feet above Church.  But again, who knows if the elevations match. I emailed the big man at Lincoln Harris, I won't get an answer back, and its my own fault, because of this.

https://www.charlottefive.com/charlotte-deserves-better-than-the-planned-office-tower-at-the-former-observer-site/

Edited by Guest