Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I emailed the big man at Lincoln Harris, I won't get an answer back, and its my own fault, because of this.

https://www.charlottefive.com/charlotte-deserves-better-than-the-planned-office-tower-at-the-former-observer-site/

No update I'm guessing. Maybe there's someone further down the chain you could email? Someone less petty. 

24 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

No update I'm guessing. Maybe there's someone further down the chain you could email? Someone less petty. 

There was an update, but their update was definitely wrong, trying to sort that out. Apparently I'm more familiar with their drawings than they are. They'd like us to think the building will be 67 feet shorter than DEC, thats just not the case. 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

^ I mean I would be cool with this building if it was 719 ft!

lol, its definitely not. @KJHburg has been doing the legwork on this one, so hopefully he has an answer lol soon.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

lol, its definitely not. @KJHburg has been doing the legwork on this one, so hopefully he has an answer lol soon.

I am studying some documents now but I do think it is height of 632 feet but they are saying somewhat taller that does not seem to jive with the plans approved.  Maybe once it is topped off  we will all know LOL 

• Like 4

I am looking at a plan approved by the city and  it looks like the last office floor is 33 then there are 2 mechanical floors then the pyramid starts.  That sort of jives when I talk to a contractor and he said 35 floors.  But from the roof of that top floor 33 it is 118.5 feet to the tip of the pyramid.   anywho I am getting 636 tall give or take a foot or two.  This pyramid is a lot taller than most of us think.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I am looking at a plan approved by the city and  it looks like the last office floor is 33 then there are 2 mechanical floors then the pyramid starts.  That sort of jives when I talk to a contractor and he said 35 floors.  But from the roof of that top floor 33 it is 118.5 feet to the tip of the pyramid.   anywho I am getting 636 tall give or take a foot or two.  This pyramid is a lot taller than most of us think.  

I KNEW the pyramid was gonna be tall!

• Like 1

They're just starting to add another row of glass this afternoon. Also looks like they're still at least a day or two away from completing the 28th floor. The previous floor was completed 12 days ago so they've definitely fallen off pace with the new alignment. **IF** that slower pace continues, hard to see this topping out before mid-September at earliest. 

IMG_3827.JPG

• Like 2