Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

4 minutes ago, nicholas said:

Lots of sudden new leases have resulted in an additional 27 stories before they add the pyramid.

3-4 more plus a big fat mechanical floor, plus another big fat mechanical floor and a half, then the pyramid. Its really got such obnoxious proportions. 

Edited by Guest

Anyone know what this crap is hanging off the facade of the building? I don't think I have OCD but this has been there for months and it's driving me nuts at how trashy it looks.  Some sort of protective covering that's ripped free? Anyone else notice this? 

IMG_4294.PNG

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

There will be 3 more floors then the top and pyramid begin.  From the top of the last windowed floor it will be 116 feet to the top of the pyramid if I am looking at this plans the right way.  

Correct. They just completed Floor 30 this morning and it's actually the fastest they've completed a floor in months. Just 8 days. They've been averaging 10-11 days a floor most weeks.. I could see it topped out as early as 9/9 and as late as  9/23. My original guess was 8/30 but the accident set us back nearly three weeks as it took them 30 days to complete the accident floor.  For now, I'm going with 9/18 for the topping out ceremony. 

IMG_4313.JPG

• Like 3

Correct. They just completed Floor 30 this morning and it's actually the fastest they've completed a floor in months. Just 8 days. They've been averaging 10-11 days a floor most weeks.. I could see it topped out as early as 9/9 and as late as  9/23. My original guess was 8/30 but the accident set us back nearly three weeks as it took them 30 days to complete the accident floor.  For now, I'm going with 9/18 for the topping out ceremony. 
IMG_4313.thumb.JPG.a43a6a2bf8463e7b4c75b1f957b2d84d.JPG

I’m hoping for Labor Day weekend top out, since I’ll be in town the following weekend for the panthers home opener

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’m hoping for Labor Day weekend top out, since I’ll be in town the following weekend for the panthers home opener

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought about you when making that prediction. I don't think it's going to happen but I'm rooting for you -- not that you'll get an invite since you're such a hater. 

• Haha 2

Yeah I thought about you when making that prediction. I don't think it's going to happen but I'm rooting for you -- not that you'll get an invite since you're such a hater. 

Haha! I’ve been getting invited to these events lately, despite where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk