Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, JorgiPorgi said:

Lower humidity makes for clearer pictures and bluer skies. Here is a rare pic of Legacy Union from this afternoon. 

9D599884-7F58-4D0A-9A19-BE8481641F5F.jpeg

Not only will this tower look great, but I think that the complex, as a whole, will be amazing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

There will be 3 more floors then the top and pyramid begin.  From the top of the last windowed floor it will be 116 feet to the top of the pyramid if I am looking at this plans the right way.  

Correct. They just completed Floor 30 this morning and it's actually the fastest they've completed a floor in months. Just 8 days. They've been averaging 10-11 days a floor most weeks.. I could see it topped out as early as 9/9 and as late as  9/23. My original guess was 8/30 but the accident set us back nearly three weeks as it took them 30 days to complete the accident floor.  For now, I'm going with 9/18 for the topping out ceremony. 

IMG_4313.JPG

• Like 3

Correct. They just completed Floor 30 this morning and it's actually the fastest they've completed a floor in months. Just 8 days. They've been averaging 10-11 days a floor most weeks.. I could see it topped out as early as 9/9 and as late as  9/23. My original guess was 8/30 but the accident set us back nearly three weeks as it took them 30 days to complete the accident floor.  For now, I'm going with 9/18 for the topping out ceremony. 
IMG_4313.thumb.JPG.a43a6a2bf8463e7b4c75b1f957b2d84d.JPG

I’m hoping for Labor Day weekend top out, since I’ll be in town the following weekend for the panthers home opener

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I’m hoping for Labor Day weekend top out, since I’ll be in town the following weekend for the panthers home opener

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought about you when making that prediction. I don't think it's going to happen but I'm rooting for you -- not that you'll get an invite since you're such a hater. 

• Haha 2

Yeah I thought about you when making that prediction. I don't think it's going to happen but I'm rooting for you -- not that you'll get an invite since you're such a hater. 

Haha! I’ve been getting invited to these events lately, despite where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

Tomorrow we'll get some very good photos from someone who has a suspicious level of access to the construction site

Edited by Trickbot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Trickbot said:

Tomorrow we'll get some very good photos from someone who has a suspicious level of access to the construction site

Ah ha! It was KJ! After all, it is his favorite building. LOL

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

Ah ha! It was KJ! After all, it is his favorite building. LOL

I have a hard hat, steel toe boots and I would have fit in and not gotten caught.  Plus you know I would have posted the photos by now. LOL 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Shortest news article I've ever seen.  :lol:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police say a "thrill-seeker" was arrested Sunday after climbing near the top of an uptown Charlotte skyscraper.

Officers said they received a call about a man near the top floor of a building currently under construction on West Stonewall Street.

[VIDEO]

Police said he climbed the tower and walked around before coming down and trying to run away.

[VIDEO]

The man was caught and arrested.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nicholas said:

The man was caught and arrested.

KJ is posting again, so I can only assume he was released shortly after his arrest. Glad to have you back, bud.

• Haha 2