Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

19 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm still very bullish that there will be at least 100k sq feet of retail associated with this project. Theres about 22k between the decks and the tower so far. Plus those Simon Malls rumors continues to be a thing. I for one am desperately anti urban mall, after going Salt Lake City, but think a properly formatted retail destination could be a plus.

Not expecting outside-the-box from Johnny Harris. Maybe he'll surprise me.

BTW, SLC is one city that punches considerably above its weight.

Just now, Dale said:

Not expecting outside-the-box from Johnny Harris. Maybe he'll surprise me.

BTW, SLC is one city that punches considerably above its weight.

its the central city of a big region. I went there expecting it to punch above its weight, but was pretty disappointed. I've lived in NYC for 10 years and I still couldn't believe how beotchy/snotty/holier than thou the "cool kids" serving at the "cool restaurants" were. They were dressed like 1999 scene kids and so rude. City Creek Center was cool, but seemed to pull any life out of the rest of downtown. We hated SLC so much. 

41 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

its the central city of a big region. I went there expecting it to punch above its weight, but was pretty disappointed. I've lived in NYC for 10 years and I still couldn't believe how beotchy/snotty/holier than thou the "cool kids" serving at the "cool restaurants" were. They were dressed like 1999 scene kids and so rude. City Creek Center was cool, but seemed to pull any life out of the rest of downtown. We hated SLC so much. 

Those damn 1999 scene kids...

B243DAA6-BD5D-40A5-9756-0DFB88083B36.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Maybe the kids were trying too hard to be not-Mormon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Go figure, I love it.  And I'm not Mormon (despite the 5 kids).

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, JBS said:

Go figure, I love it.  And I'm not Mormon (despite the 5 kids).

Coulda been the fact it was Memorial Day, and all I wanted to do was party, and found no party. Park City was awesome though.

Edited by Guest

939d16eab5a7cb5e93fee4b74cc5d326.jpeg&key=7eae785b1569fc303665c97fde657ca130b3975ed8e72c1304a532905a7b601f

And the shopping center sign goes boom

Seems like such a waste that they didn’t just make it a prefab part of the final structure—that they could just lift into place when its time came

Hopefully that means some movement is imminent on some other phase. They did recombine a portion of the land last week, but no idea why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Hopefully that means some movement is imminent on some other phase. They did recombine a portion of the land last week, but no idea why.

Recombined what land? 

Recombined what land? 

They divided all the land into different parcel numbers, based on what I’d guess was phasing. Last week the piece left on Tryon and stonewall was absorbed back into the office tower land. Maybe office tower 2

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They divided all the land into different parcel numbers, based on what I’d guess was phasing. Last week the piece left on Tryon and stonewall was absorbed back into the office tower land. Maybe office tower 2

That's good news.  Maybe BoA is taking more space.

• Like 1

Recombination in Accela is redrawing lot lines.  Its more likely further splitting lots.

Still signals some kind of movement and it was specifically referencing 600 South Tryon, which would be the proposed second office tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

600 South Tryon is a building that Lincoln Harris is advertising in Loopnet a commercial real estate listing service that is 16 stories and around 500,000 sq ft.  I think it is a placeholder or fathom listing to generate interest in the site for a tower of undetermined height and size.  

• Like 1

Someone spoke of urban mall and possible Simons Property Group.  That group has a fantastic Upscale Urban Mall (The Westchester) in White Plains NY.  Small footprint but large SF (890k).  

Not sure enough space exists at LU for something like this or how it'd fare against Southpark Mall.

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Someone spoke of urban mall and possible Simons Property Group.  That group has a fantastic Upscale Urban Mall (The Westchester) in White Plains NY.  Small footprint but large SF (890k).  

Not sure enough space exists at LU for something like this or how it'd fare against Southpark Mall.

There’s plenty of upscale shopping not found in Charlotte that could have potiential in Uptown. I think SouthPark and Uptown would balance each other out. 

• Like 1