Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

This little nugget was buried in the Business Journal article about the 2nd tower at the Legacy site.  This could mean they are close to selling some parcels to other developers for the non office uses like residential at the 2 block project.  Thus even more construction at the site. 

""The company also has several plat requests filed with the city that would likely divide the two blocks it owns into several parcels.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/17/is-second-office-tower-imminent-at-lincoln-harris.html

• Like 3

This little nugget was buried in the Business Journal article about the 2nd tower at the Legacy site.  This could mean they are close to selling some parcels to other developers for the non office uses like residential at the 2 block project.  Thus even more construction at the site. 
""The company also has several plat requests filed with the city that would likely divide the two blocks it owns into several parcels.""
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/17/is-second-office-tower-imminent-at-lincoln-harris.html

Not buried, me and@jayvee keep alluding to this constantly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RDF, you might have to allude a little more directly for some of us simple minded people. [emoji3]

You mentioned the two towers closest to the stadium were already spoken for. Were they spoken for by a third party? Does the pending sale of parcels give you more or less hope for how Legacy Union will turn out? Any details about specifics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ what section was that shot from and I agree the best seats in the house to see the skyline the game maybe not as much.  But I would sit there for sure 

Its not bad at all for the game. Very few bad seats in the Bank. 

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ what section was that shot from and I agree the best seats in the house to see the skyline the game maybe not as much.  But I would sit there for sure 

Section 550.  It may be hard to tell from the pictures, but you can see the game just fine from there.  I mean, it’s not like being in the silver club or right behind the sideline, but it’s not bad at all, and you’ll save money too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Looks like I was nearby you. Speaking of saving money... parking costs are rising. I parked behind the train tracks this time since my usual future Gateway station lot is blocked off now. It’s $40 now. I recall it being less.

Thats what happens when you reduce supply of surface lots :tw_glasses:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunted said:

Looks like I was nearby you. Speaking of saving money... parking costs are rising. I parked behind the train tracks this time since my usual future Gateway station lot is blocked off now. It’s $40 now. I recall it being less.

You were probably around 546 or 547. That’s a pretty good view too, though from the upper portion of those sections the overhead lights can get in the way if you want to include Duke Energy Center and Legacy Union in your skyline shot. As far as parking goes you might want to try the Johnson & Wales University Garage at the intersection of 4th and Cedar.  As of last year the cost was $20 cash only. If you don’t mind to walk across town, the garages near Spectrum Center are usually $7 - $10.  Taking the light rail to Stonewall Station and walking to the stadium from there is also becoming a popular option.  I imagine that when Gateway Station opens the number of people taking the train to games will increase even more.  My only complaint about the light rail is that it can become overcrowded after the game is over.  CATS should really increase the number of trains for game day.

• Like 4

Free parking for the light rail is available north of Uptown at Sugar Creek,  Old Concord Road, University City Blvd, and JW Clay Stations (UC Blvd and JW Clay may require the purchase of a day pass to exit garage) and south of Uptown at Scaleybark, Woodlawn, Tyvola, Archdale, Arrowood, Sharon Rd West, and I-485/South Blvd Stations.  Of course you will still have to pay about $4.40 round trip (or a $6.60 day pass) per person to ride, so it may still be cheaper to carpool and park somewhere near the stadium if you have several people going with you.

Edited by King of the Queen City
  • Like 1