Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I like it very different than Legacy BOAT but that is okay.  The design looks like a building I have seen in Atlanta  but that is okay.  KJ likes it and I like the taller Legacy tower even with the pyramid top which is exactly what was proposed from the first rendering.   I would suggest if you don't like the design to convince your business or company to rent space in the taller Legacy thus you will not have to see it from your office LOL. 

So I guess the question is who is anchoring this Legacy 2 tower?  I have heard lots of rumors out there from suburban based companies to existing uptown tenants.  any clue? 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

I like it too...had a feeling it would be glass...I like how LU's facade is integrated into the new tower at the base.  However, I just envisioned that green space being flanked by a bunch of retail.  Looks like a large lobby to me, but may just be the rendering.

*Jayvee: from the diagram posted below, the 3rd level says "Parking"...is that just a typo?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3

I’m assuming this is going to be about the same height as Portman, or a little shorter?

I don’t dislike it at all. Having this shorte contrast right beside legacy and DEC sitting right on 277 will really add to the density factor. But it fits right In with the buildings being built in that corridor.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

So I guess the question is who is anchoring this Legacy 2 tower?  I have heard lots of rumors out there from suburban based companies to existing uptown tenants.  any clue? 

KJ says something is coming in here from the burbs? Wr already know he is the CEO of Krispy Kreme, new KK HQ confirmed, forget the tower in Cherry, the donuts are going uptown

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Trickbot said:

KJ says something is coming in here from the burbs? Wr already know he is the CEO of Krispy Kreme, new KK HQ confirmed, forget the tower in Cherry, the donuts are going uptown

We, I mean they, Krispy Kreme will not be the anchor tenant of Legacy 2 due to the fact the city rejected my/their huge rooftop rotating doughnut with HOT DOUGHNUT NOW sign underneath

The sign would have looked like this on top of the glass 17 story Legacy 2 building with our trademark HOT Doughnuts NOW sign below.  (Imagine our glazed doughnut)

donutsign.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

About that Cherry/Midtown building... has anyone else been wondering if a tenant abandoned the Midtown tower for this LU2 tower? I really hope the Midtown tower is still alive, but I have been wondering...

Also, can someone check on RDF? I am a little concerned we haven’t heard his input yet. Hope he is ok, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

About that Cherry/Midtown building... has anyone else been wondering if a tenant abandoned the Midtown tower for this LU2 tower? I really hope the Midtown tower is still alive, but I have been wondering...

Also, can someone check on RDF? I am a little concerned we haven’t heard his input yet. Hope he is ok, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayvee has been getting a lot of my input via text message, trying to orchestrate a crazy project for work. I like it a lot. Been pouring over the site plans trying to figure out future plans. I'll post my findings at some point, still working though.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The one observation I'll go ahead an say is this looks AWFULLY like what we saw for Spectrum, which makes me think they both are vying for the same tenant.

Do you have an insight into who this tenant might be?

Definitely gives off a bank tower vibe so I'd still guess US Bank.

Edited by Nick2
  • Like 2

Just now, Nick2 said:

Do you have a insight into who this tenant might be?

I'd guess FinTech. I only have guesses. I think its a very interesting coincidence that two separate projects would be looking for rezonings based on the encroaching cantilever on a diagonal facade.

Do we know the proposed size square footage of this building?  400K or so.  Could be large accounting consulting firms which by the way are huge in Charlotte,  maybe a large law firm, US Bank or another tenant in the market but not uptown.   I agree this is very similar to Spectrums design and could be for the same tenant.  However with zoning in place LH could start really quick and time as we all know is money.  Also the Legacy 2 designed reminded me of the first version of Tryon Place before Ally Bank anchored it. 

From the Book of Lists of CBJ

Ernest Young 944 total employees in charlotte at BofA Corp Center where the bank is pushing people out

PriceWaterhouseCooper  Hearst Plaza 902 employees

Deloitte Duke Energy center 948 employees

KPMG Duke Energy 528 employees

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Do we know the proposed size square footage of this building?  400K or so.  Could be large accounting consulting firms which by the way are huge in Charlotte,  maybe a large law firm, US Bank or another tenant in the market but not uptown.   I agree this is very similar to Spectrums design and could be for the same tenant.  However with zoning in place LH could start really quick and time as we all know is money.  Also the Legacy 2 designed reminded me of the first version of Tryon Place before Ally Bank anchored it. 

incorrect. this cantilever crosses over the public right of way and will need a rezoning.