Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

I have a guess for this Legacy 2 anchor just a guess.  Could it be AXA?  AXA said last year they were adding 550 jobs in Charlotte and they do have space up in Innovation Park but not sure how much they can grow there.  Also could be a tenant for Spectrum South End project possibly?  Alliance Bernstein the AXA owned subsidiary is going into a downtown Nashville building built by guess who Spectrum Properties of Charlotte.  This is all just speculation on my part but could answer why Spectrum says they are going spec and LH is on a tight schedule with Legacy 2.  Could parent AXA be  having thoughts of a center city location like their subsidiary in Nashville?  

Refresher story from 2017.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/05/09/exclusive-axa-expanding-in-charlotte-with-550-jobs.html

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I have a guess for this Legacy 2 anchor just a guess.  Could it be AXA?  AXA said last year they were adding 550 jobs in Charlotte and they do have space up in Innovation Park but not sure how much they can grow there.  Also could be a tenant for Spectrum South End project possibly?  Alliance Bernstein the AXA owned subsidiary is going into a downtown Nashville building built by guess who Spectrum Properties of Charlotte.  This is all just speculation on my part but could answer why Spectrum says they are going spec and LH is on a tight schedule with Legacy 2.  Could parent AXA be  having thoughts of a center city location like their subsidiary in Nashville?  

Refresher story from 2017.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/05/09/exclusive-axa-expanding-in-charlotte-with-550-jobs.html

It would make sense because according to This observer article, the governor released a statement that the expansion over the next few years here in CLT would make CLT the largest location in the US. They're currently based in NYC.

Their expansion is pretty evident from their 69 current job openings listed on LinkedIn alone. 

However, didn't the just recently moved their operations from ballyntine to university city? It'd be off for them to move again so soon wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Axa moved to Innovation Park in 2013 from Ballantyne. A 7 year lease would have 2020 expiration.  I have not heard them taking more space up there either.  But this Alliance Bernstein thing in Nashville could have changed their plans to look for a more urban location.

• Like 3

Too bad the city has to dictate such a design and builders wouldn't recognize the potential already.  I guess BOA did it on West Trade down at that campus across from the bus station. I used to own one of those little slots. The rent more than offset the price.

5 minutes ago, Windsurfer said:

Too bad the city has to dictate such a design and builders wouldn't recognize the potential already.  I guess BOA did it on West Trade down at that campus across from the bus station. I used to own one of those little slots. The rent more than offset the price.

Its a 2 acre garage. I doubt they wouldn't have lined it with retail. Gotta make money on that amount of land beyond monthly/daily parking.

Like the second tower.  The collection of buildings there could be interesting (good). Hate the pedestrian bridge to the office tower though (and, on different site down Stonewall, the one proposed to connect the convention center to the hotel). Pedestrian bridges kill street level activity and we more not less of that.

Great pix by the way.

Can some one post their pictures to the other urban/skyscraper forums?   Charlotte looks dead to the world and it's not...clearly!  I dont have the wealth of pix some of you have, or I would!

Thanks.

Edited by MACyr

24 minutes ago, MACyr said:

Can some one post their pictures to the other urban/skyscraper forums?   Charlotte looks dead to the world and it's not...clearly!  I dont have the wealth of pix some of you have, or I would!

Thanks.

I tried before but you have to put your photos in a 3rd party site or something.  It is just complicated unfortunately.  I agree those other sites are big in other cities but if they do any kind search they can find this site very easily.  That is how I stumbled upon it searching for information on a new building or project and kept finding this UrbanPlanet site and that was about 3 years ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MACyr said:

Pedestrian bridges kill street level activity and we more not less of that.

I understand the concern, but I think the street level retail will take care of that problem without forcing a ton of people to cross traffic just to get over to the tower.

I tried before but you have to put your photos in a 3rd party site or something.  It is just complicated unfortunately.  I agree those other sites are big in other cities but if they do any kind search they can find this site very easily.  That is how I stumbled upon it searching for information on a new building or project and kept finding this UrbanPlanet site and that was about 3 years ago. 

They all think we are whiny know it all prima donnas so whatever, they can keep thinking nothing is happening in Charlotte.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They all think we are whiny know it all prima donnas so whatever, they can keep thinking nothing is happening in Charlotte.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that's rude of them, I'm a bellyaching know it all prima Donna thank you very much. 

• Haha 1