Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Deloitte is moving from 82,000 sq ft in the Wells Fargo owned Duke Energy Center.  Wonder if Wells is backfilling the space aka like what BofA did in their corporate center?  

I would say definitely.  Wells took over the 33rd and 34th floor after Barings moved to 300 S Tryon earlier this year.

1 hour ago, J-Rob said:

Hmmm... This is interesting.  Deloitte audits Honeywell.  Could mean Deloitte has agreement for potential expansion in LU2 as Honeywell moves to Charlotte!  

Deloitte.jpg.36e1e42629da718b482770d18c2c7d64.jpg

I would guess the opposite effect.  It's probably frowned upon in the audit world to appear to have a close relationship with the firm you are auditing.  Would suggest this points even stronger that Honeywell likely to go to South End.

Edit: I may have misread the comment.  If the implication was that Honeywell would be audited by the Charlotte office of Deloitte now and that drives additional space needs, probably, but I would think pretty marginal, even for a Fortune 100 client.

• Like 3

The edit comment was what I was getting at.  I would venture to guess a Fortune 100 client with ~$40B revenue might require a 20 - 25 person audit team.  Maybe more, but you are right.  The additional office space would be marginal, particularly considering a Honeywell dedicated audit team would probably work out of the Honeywell office most of the time.  Still good news for Charlotte Deloitte office.  Those fees will help pay for signage rights on a new build high-rise fronting 277.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nicholas said:

Really good news.  Hopefully this means there's still hope for the NAI tower in Elizabeth to snag a tenant during this cycle, although not having the cache of an uptown address isn't doing it any favors.

Although not very re-assuring, it has garnered almost 0 attention from tenants rolling through town these past few months. Not super hopeful, but could be wrong. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

Ricky, does, “We’re having conversations with ... retailers” point to anything to get excited about longer range ?

Theres a few items in the current plans that sort of point to maybe there will be a large amount of internal retail (like overstreet mall, ugh). I just don't know if that means we get tenants like Columbus Circle in Manhattan, or Galleria at Erieview in Cleveland. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Theres a few items in the current plans that sort of point to maybe there will be a large amount of internal retail. I just don't know if that means we get tenants like Columbus Circle in Manhattan, or Galleria at Erieview in Cleveland.

I’m just hoping for an eventual transition from ...

WELCOME TO UPTOWN: WHERE RETAIL MEANS RESTAURANTS

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Johno Harris, Johnny Harris's son,  really does not speak alot to the media so it is important to see what he is saying.   From the Charlotte O article

""“We wanted to do something that was iconic in nature,” said Johno Harris, chief operating officer of developer Lincoln Harris. It’s the start of the second phase of a 10-acre, two-block development that will ultimately transform a big chunk of uptown land next to the Carolina Panthers’ stadium.  Lincoln Harris officials said they’re in talks with potential hotel, multifamily and retail developers for the rest of the site.

“We continue to have significant conversations with all types, whether that’s hospitality, or multifamily, or retail or even office,” said Harris. “There’s a lot of momentum and we’re excited about what comes next.” ""

""Deloitte will lease the top four floors of the 650 South Tryon building, accounting for about 90,000 square feet of space. The building will total 362,000 square feet.""

Quote from Johno to the Business Journal 

"""From our viewpoint, if you think about it, the towers that have been announced (in uptown) are effectively preleased," Harris said. "There’s not a lot of huge blocks of Class A office space and as long as the market continues to grow and there’s demand, we’re in a very good position."""

Imagine how tall this building will appear from I-277 this is another tower roughly the same height at 615 South College.   I will go ahead and say it I like both the BOAT at Legacy tower and this one LU2 so please now don't run me out of town on a LYNX light rail.  LOL 

And can we add this to Under construction on the Wikipedia list of tallest buildings as site work as begun.  Thanks to the UPer that updates that site. 

Harris seems to think Uptown has a lack of office space in these quotes.  I'm glad he does as it means we will get more.  I'm just curious though as to why he thinks this. 

I have been a little worried for some time Uptown has some BIG chunks of space available to fill and some if it been around a while. 

• 300 Brevard - Empty LONG time - Yes finally Lending tree may take it - Huge if they do and this is off market
  • Bearings building has what looks like 7-10 empty floors when its light up at night
  • Charlotte School of Law space in Grant Thorton building
  • Old Ally Center when Ally leaves
  • DFA in 5/3 when they move into new Southend building
  • Remaining in Legacy 1
  • Remaining in Legacy 2
  • 300 South Tryon when Duke leaves

Seems like a lot of space to be absorbed to me, no?