Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

31 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I like it!  Someone mentioned above that the general public perception of LU is net positive.  I consider myself part of that general public opinion, although from visiting this site...yall have made me spot out beige, EIFS, and subpar materials a lot easier lol.  But I appreciate this tower for what it is...I mean, this building by itself would tower over any city in a 200 mile radius.  It's probably the tallest building being built currently from Atlanta to Philly.  That in and of itself, deserves some respect.  The pyramid was a big worry for me, but I think it has turned out better than expected...I'm just waiting to hold judgment until the panels are filled in and I need to see how the BOA signage looks (hopefully not cheap looking).

Between Miami and Philly**

22 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I like it!  Someone mentioned above that the general public perception of LU is net positive.  I consider myself part of that general public opinion, although from visiting this site...yall have made me spot out beige, EIFS, and subpar materials a lot easier lol.  But I appreciate this tower for what it is...I mean, this building by itself would tower over any city in a 200 mile radius.  It's probably the tallest building being built currently from Atlanta to Philly.  That in and of itself, deserves some respect.  The pyramid was a big worry for me, but I think it has turned out better than expected...I'm just waiting to hold judgment until the panels are filled in and I need to see how the BOA signage looks (hopefully not cheap looking).

actually it is tallest thing between Philadelphia and Miami nothing in the ATLANTA comes close.   That is one of the many reasons I like this building its height.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Huh - I thought ATL had a Tower under construction...?

they do but all 450 feet or shorter.   

as for the name as someone asked above I would suggest or maybe this is it  Bank of America Tower at Legacy ….

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

actually it is tallest thing between Philadelphia and Miami nothing in the ATLANTA comes close.   That is one of the many reasons I like this building its height.  

I dont think Philly has anything larger under construction.  But No. 2 Opus in Atlanta is under construction and slated to be 730 ft. 

I think it’s all about angles with this tower, and with the pyramid in particular.  Overall I think it is a nice addition to the skyline that many cities would kill to have. That said, we have one of the most beautiful skylines in the country and we should expect nothing less than the best. It is good that people are so passionate about what is being built here and I hope that these things are taken to heart for future towers, but we should be thankful that development is happening and it shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. To the newly topped out LU1, welcome to the family! Enjoy being the baby while you can because it won’t be for long!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I dont think Philly has anything larger under construction.  But No. 2 Opus in Atlanta is under construction and slated to be 730 ft. 

Philly has a 1000 footer under way at least wikipedia said that and did not know Opus 2 was started.  

• Like 1

Philly has a 1000 footer under way at least wikipedia said that and did not know Opus 2 was started.  

That’s because it hasn’t started construction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some shots from the old Velocity Parking lot.
81E146EA-7C81-4FDE-B671-79246EEEFA20.thumb.jpeg.81e46f44f50017c204bb9fe6e6b14dbd.jpeg
E3E0C886-B75E-40F5-9B6F-108DA08FC3B3.thumb.jpeg.332764bf151e04c3f095d56040f3ccea.jpeg

Can’t imagine how different it looks over there since the last time I went to velocity. Gosh. Must have been 2004 or 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

Velocity was the very first club that I went to when I turned 18. The view has changed so much since then!

My first club too back in 2003 I think. Remember looking at the skyline on their back patio and thinking it looked small. This being before DEC and just about every other project in view lol. So much has changed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

My first club too back in 2003 I think. Remember looking at the skyline on their back patio and thinking it looked small. This being before DEC and just about every other project in view lol. So much has changed. 

I remember going there to see Tiesto. My friend’s car got broken into but we were so f’d up, we didn’t even care.  Also, didn’t they have a weird bathroom setup? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1