Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

The worst building in CLTs skyline.
6973309c2258448d9066c64fbf6b5485.jpg

If i was a centi billionaire, I would cap 277 and build 635' buildings all around Legacy Union

Edited by Guest

I think that the LU tower is pretty nice.   If you want to see a horrible addition to a skyline, check out this 1,550’ terrible tower that is proposed to rise in Midtown Manhattan.

099B5A3A-9376-445F-8C54-F3854E23F3C8.thumb.jpeg.b3b826436194dc76c3f49cc631dd7211.jpeg&key=7484a31a504b8230bbdbeb76d17ee9eafa573e4ad15aa4e14d5f6e5c63482214

40ebe54e475b72b58434b486d9bfe62f.jpg&key=04fc6ce0debbe5f2175437a5925dd836f0640b49540121bdeb56c94cf79c1f2a

What about the even taller uglier one announced yesterday? It’s called Tower Fifth and it will be 1 foot taller than Central Park tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I’m talking about.  I erroneously posted the first photo that doesn’t show it.

Oh! Lol. I was strolling around Brooklyn today on the east river and I’m not feeling the skyline anymore in Manhattan :-(

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Oh! Lol. I was strolling around Brooklyn today on the east river and I’m not feeling the skyline anymore in Manhattan :-(

Manhattan is getting full of really tall, really skinny boxes. No real uniqueness.

14 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think it’s the best in the world by far.  There are so many utterly extraordinary new buildings.  The High Line alone is an extravaganza. 

I think it’s the best in the world by far.  There are so many utterly extraordinary new buildings.  The High Line alone is an extravaganza. 

Financial district still looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Financial district still looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Midtown is amazing too.  So many incredible new buildings have been added and continue to rise.  The only problem is that there’s so much that one can’t really see the individual towers, especially ones under 900’.  Chicago and HK are situated more like Atlanta in that there’s a long, thin line of towers, so even relatively short ones of 500’ for example, appear on the skyline.

Anyway, though, while I think that LU is very nice, for those who don’t, things could be worse as this proposed building in NY shows.

Edited by SydneyCarton