Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

7 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Drove a friend that lives in Orlando but frequents Charlotte a few times a year.  Some of their comments about LU when we drove on 277/walking. 

• "it's nice, it's tall, but..." basically not pushing the architectural boundaries or anything.
  • "it looks like a Charlotte tower...very bank-y" (they didn't know it was BOA either)
  •  "aw, it's blocking the cool tower that lights up...think it's called the duke energy building"  -driving on 277 
  • "Wow, look at all that parking" i laughed at that one.

Overall, like some have suggested about the general public opinion on this one, was positive.  I don't think the general public/visitor nit picks like UP does, but rather they're in awe of all the construction in Uptown.  And again, this is a multi-phase project...LU sticks out like a sore thumb right now, but this thing is going to be flanked with towers all around it when all is said and done.  Think it will be fine.

I certainly would agree that the vast majority of Americans don’t obsess about architectural form.

Where this tower is going to get the most bang for its buck is visibility during Panthers games. It's appearance directly over the main scoreboard along with its BANK OF AMERICA signage looming over BANK OF AMERICA Stadium. It will get major exposure. Add in the lighting features coming from the pyramid when the team scores (yes, watch!) and this building will be a major fixture of the stadium experience. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Got this rendering today for an article I'm working on. Photo Credit LS3P, Lincoln Harris.

The sunset is going to look so nice on that building. lol LU2 will make this area look so full. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Got this rendering today for an article I'm working on. Photo Credit LS3P, Lincoln Harris.

They pyramid looks "open" at the top. Was it like that in earlier renderings?

also, the new BofA logo looks good in that signage. I'll be happy if it's that small. Any bigger and it will make the building look off. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, NotSoAlien said:

Today:

IMG_20190121_091946016_HDR.thumb.jpg.f396f2100b2d1fe330b4bed7412ed47a.jpgIMG_20190121_091934134_HDR.thumb.jpg.c3d6fd048866623be10834b7558d2596.jpg

Lot of empty space up in that.  Can we make me a sweet condo out of all that? :tw_smiley:  

I'm not above living in a building I despise under the right internal conditions.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Got this rendering today for an article I'm working on. Logo definitely helps the impact of that giant cornice on top. Photo Credit LS3P, Lincoln Harris.

Must say, it looks much better with the black accent and logo. Thanks @ricky_davis_fan_21

Edited by lewy2000

7 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

That is certainly not to approve the appearance but for safety requirements (my guess).

As lame as it sounds the side facing BofA could be a pretty awesome huge media screen. Ads, live sporting events, lighting. 

• Like 3