Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Theres gotta be a hotel somewhere on this land.

If they announce LU3 soon I would think a hotel has to follow suit not too long after.  Even with all of the new hotels in Uptown, three office towers, plus DEC should be enough to support a high-end hotel.  I would also think they want to announce a hotel and get it going before the DEC2 development site gets too far along.  What do I know though... I suppose there is a reason I do my thinking on UP rather than in the market, lol.

• Like 2

Will LU3 be another office tower?  If so, will it be around the same height as LU2

Lastly, where on the site will LU3  located?

This is great news.

8 minutes ago, jordan704 said:

C1D07BA6-D6B7-40AC-A234-C6B8A3331BD0.jpeg

I hope they cover the piping with some sort of cap. The renderings definitely don't look like segmented metal pipes. 

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I hope they cover the piping with some sort of cap. The renderings definitely don't look like segmented metal pipes. 

You'd think they'd have to. If you look close enough, there appears to be a slight gap between the metal and the other material. I would think the cap would be necessary in an area of extreme winds and rain.

I don’t know if KJ still agrees, but the building looks fabulous and great in the skyline. 

So, has the retail component pretty much died beyond some restaurants, maybe a sundries and Kinkos?  Anything to look forward to IE Apple, Nike, Urban Outfitters? 

Either way, this plot of land is going to be dope with a concentration of very professional towers all concentrated right there. A singular developer can give some uniformity/cohesiveness between all the developments on the block. 

Assume Lincoln Harris could land US Bank and Lending Tree. Deloitte and Bank of America in addition to the surrounding towers - Wells Fargo, Ally, Duke. This is a very affluent, white collar and impressive concentration of employment. Also you have JW Marriot, Westin.... museums, stadiums, convention center. Honestly, without Lincoln Harris, even with the other developments.... it wouldn’t feel nearly as complete. The Legacy Union project really makes the entire Stonewall portion of uptown possibly the most significant and important area of uptown. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 4

I don’t know if KJ still agrees, but the building looks fabulous and great in the skyline. 
So, has the retail component pretty much died beyond some restaurants, maybe a sundries and Kinkos?  Anything to look forward to IE Apple, Nike, Urban Outfitters? 
Either way, this plot of land is going to be dope with a concentration of very professional towers all concentrated right there. A singular developer can give some uniformity/cohesiveness between all the developments on the block. 
Assume Lincoln Harris could land US Bank and Lending Tree. Deloitte and Bank of America in addition to the surrounding towers - Wells Fargo, Ally, Duke. This is a very affluent, white collar and impressive concentration of employment. Also you have JW Marriot, Westin.... museums, stadiums, convention center. Honestly, without Lincoln Harris, even with the other developments.... it wouldn’t feel nearly as complete. The Legacy Union project really makes the entire Stonewall portion of uptown possibly the most significant and important area of uptown. 

I think there’s literally gonna be a 100k sq foot gym, where I thought it was going to be a huge retail hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think there’s literally gonna be a 100k sq foot gym, where I thought it was going to be a huge retail hub.

Is it an equinox!?!? That would make my day

• Like 1

20 hours ago, j-man said:

The siding might not be too bad 5F0E2099-5BAC-405A-8E85-7EBEB69F1F06.jpeg

Can we get a 277 angle of this massive garage completely covered with the Wonderwall siding of Stonewall Station photoshop courtesy of @Tyrone Wiggum?

• Like 2

Is it an equinox!?!? That would make my day

A 100,000 sq foot equinox would make your day? You and I have very different standards

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Please tell me you’re joking.

Please tell me you’re joking.

I haven’t been able to get LH to confirm, but a retail analyst I know confirmed the deal isn’t yet signed.

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

A 100,000 sq foot equinox would make your day? You and I have very different standards

Is it isdeal for the location and give uptown needs retail, no, of course not. However, independently of there being a need for retail in uptown, an equinox would be great for Charlotte and it is in a great spot

Is it isdeal for the location and give uptown needs retail, no, of course not. However, independently of there being a need for retail in uptown, an equinox would be great for Charlotte and it is in a great spot

Lol it’s not an equinox, Lifetime Fitness’ urban format. Hopefully at least it takes up tower floors. Those things have pools and stuff so who knows. I just would rather 100k of retail be devoted to something else. There’s plenty of gyms. I’d hate the YMCA to suffer after that big renovation

• Like 1