Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

1 hour ago, King of the Queen City said:

LU3 :tw_wink:

BEC23297-B1A9-48EC-8879-BE76D6942FA3.jpeg

Being from the Triad orginally, that has got to be one of the funniest post I’ve seen on UP. 

Edited by Seaboard Fellow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The brick actually looks decent on the ground floor. with the glass. They should brick the garage on MLK by RB Park like this.

Edited by j-man

2 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Yup, it is going up this weekend.

Since it's a pretty small tower, I assume that it will rise pretty quickly.  Is there any chance that it will top out by Christmas?

On 2/4/2019 at 10:25 PM, TheOneRJ said:

Something like City Creek Center in Salt Lake City would work well in Uptown. With the long sought after Saks Fifth Avenue store as an anchor. 

What is Nashville’s “buzz”? Charlotte has more annual tourists than Nashville on top of a higher CBD population and income. 

At last check, it’s Music City USA. What are tourists coming to see in Charlotte ? The Levineland Ruins ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Um, have you not been to the Airport lately and learned about our fabulous tourist attraction, rated #1 by TripAdvisor. The fabulous and informative Billy Graham Library.

Well, it is the bomb. But by itself it pushes stratospheric numbers ? Maybe NASCAR. In any case, Nashville just feels differently. Like LA, it exudes nostalgia and celebrity. 

1 hour ago, Dale said:

At last check, it’s Music City USA. What are tourists coming to see in Charlotte ? The Levineland Ruins ?

What they’re coming to see is irrelevant - there’s more of them regardless of whether it’s from the airport to a hotel to the airport. 

• Like 2

Or Charlotte could just be a nice city like Denver or Minneapolis or pretty much most any other major city. 

Greenways, mass transit, etc. are more important than palm reading stores and some souvenir stores you could just go to the airport for if you really wanted a $15 magnet.. 

I feel like we could’ve been a Nashville. But Charlotteans always seem to have been ashamed to be associated with “redneck” stuff like NASCAR. If the tables were turned; we probably would’ve been ashamed of country music and Nashville would’ve been Race car Mecca. It just is what it is. And I’m 100% fine with how things turned out. 

Embracing southern heritage is not in the DNA of Raleigh or Charlotte, excluding BBQ... 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

What they’re coming to see is irrelevant - there’s more of them regardless of whether it’s from the airport to a hotel to the airport. 

Well, I guess that explains why downtown Nashville is killing us in retail.

1 minute ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Or it could just be a nice city like Denver or Minneapolis or pretty much most any other major city. 

Greenways, mass transit, etc. are more important than palm reading stores and some souvenir stores you could just go to the airport for if you really wanted a $15 magnet.. 

I feel like we could’ve been a Nashville. But Charlotteans always seem to have been ashamed to be associated with “redneck” stuff like NASCAR. If the tables were turned; we probably would’ve been ashamed of country music and Nashville would’ve been Race car Mecca. It just is what it is. And I’m 100% fine with how things turned out. 

But music is culture, a unique feature of our species. Nashville is filled with unique venues and honky tonks. How would you embrace Nascar in this manner? Have drag strips on College St?

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

But music is culture, a unique feature of our species. Nashville is filled with unique venues and honky tonks. How would you embrace Nascar in this manner? Have drag strips on College St?

There’s so many ways to have made NASCAR a huge deal in the way Mardi Gras, Country Music, Biltmore acted as a defining theme and brand to build off of. 

Charlotte didn’t do that with NASCAR. And I’m not hating it. I like the Banking Center schtick better. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

3 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

We could shut down I-485 once a year and do a giant race around the city with helicopter coverage as a nod to NASCAR, haha, but I would prefer Charlotte to be mostly remembered for its role in the Revolution, the nation’s first gold rush, the site of the first U.S. Branch Mint, and a shining beacon of the New South.

Ive always thought Charlotte should get a Formula 1 race to take place on 485. Shut it down and hold the race. 

On the Agenda today it was announce there will be a 10k on 277. Cool stuff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CLT704 said:
Anyone seen the pyramid being lit or is it the magic of photo editing?

I think it's magic lol. Seriously though, this is a long exposure shot making it appear like it's lit up. Kind of gives you a sense of what it will look like though. 

• Like 1