Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Wait, from the website @CharlotteWkndBuzz linked a few posts up. This is a rendering of the completed complex including the LU2

They're leaving the top few triangles of the pyramid empty? What is the point of that? It looks worse and makes the project feel incomplete.  Tear it all down and restart if this is the case

Screenshot_20190211-143429_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Trickbot said:

Wait, from the website @CharlotteWkndBuzz linked a few posts up. This is a rendering of the completed complex including the LU2

They're leaving the top few triangles of the pyramid empty? What is the point of that? It looks worse and makes the project feel incomplete.  Tear it all down and restart if this is the case

Screenshot_20190211-143429_Chrome.jpg

Thats old news. I've pointed that out a bunch of times.

• Like 1

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Thats old news. I've pointed that out a bunch of times.

Sorry, apparently I have a short memory 

20 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I actually like it open, if it ends up being brighter up there.

I like it open too...525 is the same way too.  Looks good like that.

With that material being translucent, they could have some pretty cool LED lighting configurations up there.  We need to up our crown game like the Salesforce Tower:

"The upper two-thirds of the [building] crown consists of perforated aluminum panels. [...] The exterior of the aluminum panels will be lit with 11,000 LED lights, which will display low-resolution moving color imagery. The images would be a combination of pre-recorded images and those taken from cameras surrounding the City. The crown of the tower also incorporates three internal lighting systems."

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

Yep. Open is better. I’d be fine if it was totally open but I like it how it is now too.

Now if someone would open up a can of white paint and cover up that beige ! (but I digress)

Edited by Crucial_Infra

Wonder what the flag would be for the 800 room hotel? 

Humble brag by Lincoln Harris could be:

“World’s 4th biggest Holiday Inn within a CBD”

49 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

"It will change the skyline with two large office towers, an 800-room hotel..."

By comparison, what is the current largest hotel in CLT by rooms?  

1 minute ago, elrodvt said:

Why the heck aren't we #1?  Maybe the planning department should set that as an aspirational goal.

Charlotte has officially given up.

• Haha 1

I like the pyramid open too. It would look awkward filled all the way to the top. It will look better lit up like that as well. A lot of pyramid tops are like that. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

Why the heck aren't we #1?  Maybe the planning department should set that as an aspirational goal.

LOL. I mean I don't even think Legacy Union is #1 in Charlotte

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

LOL. I mean I don't even think Legacy Union is #1 in Charlotte

the new parking garage at the airport is 7000 spaces for rental cards and just paid parking.  It is by far the largest in the city and the state and the Carolinas. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nick2 said:

The first 3/4 of that video would have made a great proposal video for Amazon. It truly showcased Charlotte well.

Do y'all think there could be some condos in the residential building fronting the stadium? Couldn't they do a split of apartments and condos? It just seems so strange to have so much office and apartment growth and next to no condo growth Uptown.

The problem with condos continues to be financing however I think something like a W Hotel with its Residences would work.  A small number of condos atop of a hotel and that would be great here at Legacy.  

• Like 2

One thing I learned from the Legacy brochure on their new website is that Legacy 2 Deloitte tower will have a rooftop patio evidently.  This also shows final confirmation of the name  which I have called it BOAT form the beginning.  Bank of America Tower. 
download the brochure and look it for over for yourself at bottom of the page
http://www.legacyunioncharlotte.com/office/

It’s not rooftop, but it’s close. Maybe the 15th floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2