Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

6 hours ago, Nick2 said:

The first 3/4 of that video would have made a great proposal video for Amazon. It truly showcased Charlotte well.

Do y'all think there could be some condos in the residential building fronting the stadium? Couldn't they do a split of apartments and condos? It just seems so strange to have so much office and apartment growth and next to no condo growth Uptown.

The problem with condos continues to be financing however I think something like a W Hotel with its Residences would work.  A small number of condos atop of a hotel and that would be great here at Legacy.  

• Like 2

One thing I learned from the Legacy brochure on their new website is that Legacy 2 Deloitte tower will have a rooftop patio evidently.  This also shows final confirmation of the name  which I have called it BOAT form the beginning.  Bank of America Tower. 
download the brochure and look it for over for yourself at bottom of the page
http://www.legacyunioncharlotte.com/office/

It’s not rooftop, but it’s close. Maybe the 15th floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

question from the brochure from the Legacy webpage. On the 2 story lobby of the main BOAT tower where is the branch of BofA in there?  the first level looks like all common open space is the bank branch on the 2nd floor? 

It’s there. Look hard. There’s a glass wall with a door in the middle on the left side. They don’t represent their retail well at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

question from the brochure from the Legacy webpage. On the 2 story lobby of the main BOAT tower where is the branch of BofA in there?  the first level looks like all common open space is the bank branch on the 2nd floor? 

This will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk74a401274faf47b4351d8fd71d357bfe.png

34 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Okay I see it just want to know where I will go into the huge branch and bank LOL. It looked all open to me but now I see it. 

so there is other retail spaces on the ground floor in there as well in the corners. 

I mean this is is sort of how its indicated in the submitted plans, so I'm decently confident with this assessment. 

3 minutes ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

I think  the open part is for all the hot air coming from the cooling tower on top of the building.   It look like they put a lot of equipment  up there.

Actually I don't think theres anything up there. I think they are cooling the building in another manner, but I don't remember what. I think @Jayvee knows though.

Does anybody else think LU1 will be the tallest building in this development? I feel all the others will be around 20 stories(alts, 800 room hotel, office etc) I think LU1 is the main building for the complex, maybe being set back from Tryon makes me think that I don’t know.  I just can’t see another building block the pyramid or The BofA logo up top. 

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Actually I don't think theres anything up there. I think they are cooling the building in another manner, but I don't remember what. I think @Jayvee knows though.

Cooling towers under the pyramid.  This is why it is open on top.  This is also why 525/Odell is open.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CltPE said:

Cooling towers under the pyramid.  This is why it is open on top.  This is also why 525/Odell is open.

Like I said, I'm fairly certain this is NOT the plan. We have been getting pictures twice daily of this building since the crown was erected. Go back in this thread, at no point were Chillers placed in that structure. There is something else planned.

Edited by Guest