Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

21 minutes ago, tarwater said:

I thought the 5th largest parking deck thing was a UP joke. Is that really the case??

haha. Nah I was serious when I said they were making that weird flex. There are a ton of bigger decks in the world, at Hospitals, Airports, and Shopping Malls. 

I would think this pad would lead to strange floor plates for office.   Might that lead to increased height?  Maybe similar to Ally/Tryon Place height?  Hopefully, they include interesting retail at the very least, since it is facing the stadium.  Does anyone know why Honeywell would prefer this pad to the other Mint pad?  Seems like if they had their choice they would go with the other pad (unless there is potential for them to build a "campus" and use both pads over time).

8 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

I would think this pad would lead to strange floor plates for office.   Might that lead to increased height?  Maybe similar to Ally/Tryon Place height?  Hopefully, they include interesting retail at the very least, since it is facing the stadium.  Does anyone know why Honeywell would prefer this pad to the other Mint pad?  Seems like if they had their choice they would go with the other pad (unless there is potential for them to build a "campus" and use both pads over time).

I dunno why they would go here. I think its a bizarre spot. And believe it or not, after looking at it, you could build at least 25-28k floorplates. Lets say they need 500k sq feet, thats only 17-18 floors on top of 1-2 floors of lobby/retail.

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

I do believe a hotel or two and these plans are still so fluid so I would not count not having any residential totally out.  No one on this board knows their plans because I dont think they do either.  What if  because of so much office development a huge condo or hotel tower combo was announced?  How is this different from the Tryon Place block or the 615 South College blocks?  Both are just office and hotels.   A hotel developer would love to come to Legacy to be close to that many office workers and HQs.  Be patient no one like I said knows the final plan except for Johnny and Johno Harris (and they may not either!)

Yeah, I agree with needing patience.  The 800 room hotel was proposed with far less office planned (assuming LU 1-3 are all office).  Who knows what will come.  At least we get another development of some sort... 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

No one I hope because it would be virtually impossible to do. 

They would have to build in section 528 within Bank of America Stadium to block the BofA Logo, which is pretty giantly placed on the scoreboard.

39 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

Yeah, I agree with needing patience.  The 800 room hotel was proposed with far less office planned (assuming LU 1-3 are all office).  Who knows what will come.  At least we get another development of some sort... 

well I know they are leading candidates for Sun Trust, which I understand is looking for more than an ally center worth of space.

27 minutes ago, PeytonC said:

So maybe Honeywell will attract some quirky retail to go into the first two floors, beside an interactive museum of sorts, displaying the history of their company and gadgets through the decades. A hands-on Honeywell experience. Sometimes dreams do come true...

That. Would. Be. RAD

6 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

image.png.1d49b74142e08032f49704e4b5cd3388.png

Nathan Doolittle has the 3 projects below listed as his featured work:

http://www.landdesign.com/project/uncc-epic/

http://www.landdesign.com/project/uncc-football/

http://www.landdesign.com/project/north-carolina-research-campus/

"Nate Doolittle is a Partner and Civil Engineer. Nate is responsible for leading a number of the firm’s public and private infrastructure and site development projects throughout the Southeast US. Nate has a keen understanding of public/private projects, with a wide variety of expertise in large scale developments to urban infill projects.  He also leads LandDesign’s Higher Education market with experience in educational, athletic, residential, and infrastructure campus work. His valuable experience includes a variety of large-scale mixed-use developments, campus and university work, and urban infill redevelopment that required site assessment, environmentally sustainable design, and innovative infrastructure solutions. Nate thrives in situations where he can help lead and collaborate on innovative and complicated projects, embracing the success of the team strategy and vision.  Nate works to ‘implement the projects vision, not engineer the master plan’."

So a 25 story Brick high rise? :tw_tounge_xd:

3 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Just an office district = ghost town at night. People will pack up, head home, and the streets could be relatively empty by 7PM in this part of Uptown. I think most of us were hoping this could be a true mixed use district between residents, workers, and tourists. By crossing residential off the list, the retail will mainly cater to the 9 to 5 crowd. In addition, people don't like to "shop" in an office park which is why the hope for Uptown retail is moving closer to 0 and South End is know our hope for a good retail district in the inner neighborhoods. 

Well it has to go somewhere, maybe better than being in South End then. 

• Like 1

Well it has to go somewhere, maybe better than being in South End then. 

Nathan isnt the architect, his name is on a lot of submissions and land design is likely who did the master planning, landscape design and civil drawings. Pretty sure LS3P is handling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

image.png.1d49b74142e08032f49704e4b5cd3388.png

Nathan Doolittle has the 3 projects below listed as his featured work:

http://www.landdesign.com/project/uncc-epic/

http://www.landdesign.com/project/uncc-football/

http://www.landdesign.com/project/north-carolina-research-campus/

"Nate Doolittle is a Partner and Civil Engineer. Nate is responsible for leading a number of the firm’s public and private infrastructure and site development projects throughout the Southeast US. Nate has a keen understanding of public/private projects, with a wide variety of expertise in large scale developments to urban infill projects.  He also leads LandDesign’s Higher Education market with experience in educational, athletic, residential, and infrastructure campus work. His valuable experience includes a variety of large-scale mixed-use developments, campus and university work, and urban infill redevelopment that required site assessment, environmentally sustainable design, and innovative infrastructure solutions. Nate thrives in situations where he can help lead and collaborate on innovative and complicated projects, embracing the success of the team strategy and vision.  Nate works to ‘implement the projects vision, not engineer the master plan’."

I was in Epic alot and the building is magnificent. Really excited to see this now!