Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

51 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here are the retail spots at Legacy including the mega garage I found

Mega garage retail plan below 

https://images3.loopnet.com/d2/zHLGAOcIstdPeJKRobltkL5KNqYfsadG7ltOPhDED9E/document.pdf

Legacy 2 retail space the Deloitte tower  (that is a nice restaurant space with huge patio possibilities) 

https://images4.loopnet.com/d2/dZOqRweyUfNbIhUQjfJoW2ywJOqohV_9KLg2OhjELc8/document.pdf

Legacy 1 the BOAT Bank of America Tower

https://images4.loopnet.com/d2/2t33G4g5cO1CUC1OJypYzCJe1c5ZA130d5Bawxi2afM/document.pdf

Unless I’m reading it wrong, that’s an anemic amount of retail.

• Like 1

On Hudson Yards I can not wait to go to NYC next year and go on the open air observation deck that juts out.  I have delayed my trip to the Big Apple until it opens.  
By the way the Wall St Journal had an article hating the design of Hudson Yards too so I know I will love it in person! 
Here is another photo or two of Legacy so no one will think we are off topic.   Trailer sits at future site of Legacy 3 am I right at the corner of S Church and Stonewall?

IMG_1882.thumb.JPG.2c829762050868b02c3976fcb405e895.JPG
IMG_1883.thumb.JPG.5ad1ba4562c085d1c3ff7c3706c927e2.JPG
IMG_1885.thumb.JPG.9925b527722c6ab45f852ccba9f8ea68.JPG

Nah. That’s Legacy Union 5, I’d guess. 3, based on the parcel associated with the Presubmittals is the tiniest spot. With the curve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Take photos up and down and all around. 

Mostly up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, atlrvr said:

^^^ published by the NY Times that received massive tax breaks and was able to get the local development authority to take via eminent domain many older buildings that had neighborhood tenants and lower rent apartments, so they could demolish them and build their subsidized behemoth skybox with overpriced restaurants as the only retail, to give a shiny new place for their "intellectual" writers to talk down on 90% of Americans.

but on the plus side, it sure has a fancy set of stairs for climbing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they would have some really well done or unique screening I would hate the garage-mahal a lot less. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2019 at 1:59 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/14/arts/design/hudson-yards-nyc.html

Half of this article you could replace the worlds "Hudson Yards" with "Legacy Union." At least they got good architecture, no matter how little it blends in with the surrounding environment, and ignores the human scale. Incredible piece of journalism

the only thing I care for is the huge artwork outside. Im not liking these "mass" developments so much. From the river view it looks horrid imo. Reminded me right away of Detroit and it's little hodge podge of sleek towers all clumped together.

However, I love how charlotte is developing over-all. I drive into the city about every other week via 85S to 77S to the brookshire and then Independence. I leave via John belk and love the new,perhaps,8-10 floor storage building as you veer towards Indy. Love John.Belk and finally noticed the sign for "1550 Uptown"? not sure of the 1550. But lovely to see the top of it over the buildings closer to 277. 

I am MOST excited for the Inter-Contintental Hotel to rise and top out. Such an amazing brand of hotel for starters, and will continue that areas poshness with The Dunhill and Iveys.

I wish The Bohemian was closer to the Blumenthal. I feel as if visitors to that hotel will walk out of its front door and kind of stand there asking themselves'What next" Oh well. 

The parking lots continue to disappear, and the Uptown population was recently estimated at roughly 30,000. Imagine what we will see take shape by 2030.

• Like 3

the only thing I care for is the huge artwork outside. Im not liking these "mass" developments so much. From the river view it looks horrid imo. Reminded me right away of Detroit and it's little hodge podge of sleek towers all clumped together.
However, I love how charlotte is developing over-all. I drive into the city about every other week via 85S to 77S to the brookshire and then Independence. I leave via John belk and love the new,perhaps,8-10 floor storage building as you veer towards Indy. Love John.Belk and finally noticed the sign for "1550 Uptown"? not sure of the 1550. But lovely to see the top of it over the buildings closer to 277. 
I am MOST excited for the Inter-Contintental Hotel to rise and top out. Such an amazing brand of hotel for starters, and will continue that areas poshness with The Dunhill and Iveys.
I wish The Bohemian was closer to the Blumenthal. I feel as if visitors to that hotel will walk out of its front door and kind of stand there asking themselves'What next" Oh well. 
The parking lots continue to disappear, and the Uptown population was recently estimated at roughly 30,000. Imagine what we will see take shape by 2030.

I dunno the mass artwork makes me a little queezy. A $200M honeycomb can build a whole lot of affordable housing if built instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I dunno the mass artwork makes me a little queezy. A $200M honeycomb can build a whole lot of affordable housing if built instead.

But those lavish monuments, which one basically finds only in NY (due up the incomparable levels of obscene wealth), make NY unique and add to its allure.

Also, it was funded exclusively by the developer’s gift to the City.

• Like 1

I think that LU looks great so far.  LU1 and 2 are very nice.
Also, I think that the NYT HY article is nuts.    NY built several million square feet of new office space, consisting so far of 6 buildings ranging between 900' and 1,300', along with a hyper fancy mall that has every super-luxury brand imaginable and a stunning plaza with a $150m sculpture.  No city in the world (other than London or Shanghai) could pull this off, and, Phase II hasn't even started.
The amount of money in NY is simply incomparable.  The streets are literally paved with gold.  This relates to the fact that JP Morgan is tearing down a 700' tower to build a 1,400'+ tower on Park Avenue or the fact that scores of super luxury condos have been built there in recent years, whereas Atlanta can't even get Opus off the ground.
The amazing thing is that this was built in what was an utterly desolate area.
Anyway, back to the Queen.  I hope that LU continues to thrive and gets even better!

HY.thumb.jpg.0eb896cc5f1da6a95b2cfef44fe0286a.jpg
HY2.thumb.jpg.b120313b100bc511cef4a60554fd9b7b.jpg
NYC Alex 

If the Uber wealthy NYers weren’t leaving the city in droves because of new tax laws I’d be with ya. But the fact is they are, and I don’t know who is going to buy all of these mega expensive condos. It’s just no longer a desirable tax shelter for billionaires to park money. These condos just aren’t going to keep their value.

The Uber Wealthy are not leaving.  NY still tops the world with over 80 billionaires.

The only people who leave are the middle class, which in NY means families making $300k or less.  They struggle to get by.

Thanks. I’ll report back in 3 hrs when I finish this article . It’s pretty spot on so far.

The Uber Wealthy are not leaving.  NY still tops the world with over 80 billionaires.
The only people who leave are the middle class, which in NY means families making $300k or less.  They struggle to get by.

They are absolutely leaving. Keep in mind I have lived and continue to live in New York City for 11 years.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yep, that’s the gist of the article I posted. Increasingly, NYC becoming a city of Uber-rich people living in the clouds.

11 minutes ago, Dale said:

Yep, that’s the gist of the article I posted. Increasingly, NYC becoming a city of Uber-rich people living in the clouds.

In the few cities with vast numbers of Uber rich people, like London, NY, SF, and LA, for example, life for middle class families is hard, so many of them leave.  A family making $250,000 a year is very well off by NC or Ga standards, but they struggle to get by in the suburbs of NY or SF.  Fortunately, they can find an easier life in places like NC, Ga, or Tx.  We did.  My wife makes more money in NC than she did as a physician in NY, and yet the CoL is a fraction here.

Unfortunately for Londoner’s, they don’t have an NC/Ga/Tx option, though many move to Spain or Portugal when they retire.

Anyway, back to LU.  I think it’s great.

Edited by SydneyCarton

Heck, I’m thinking about retiring to Spain. Nothing against, Murica, but a three-bed, two-bath seaside villa for $900 a month ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Heck, I’m thinking about retiring to Spain. Nothing against, Murica, but a three-bed, two-bath seaside villa for $900 a month ...

Not to take LU off topic further, but I saw an HGTV episode about the area near Malaga, and it was outrageously beautiful and very, very cheap.

Anyway, when will LU1 open?  I look forward to sitting on the monumental staircase with my kids while enjoying a Whole Foods ice cream cone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wow. NYC is much, much, more expensive than DC then. Is NYC really that expensive place there that $300,000 is struggling?

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not to take LU off topic further, but I saw an HGTV episode about the area near Malaga, and it was outrageously beautiful and very, very cheap.

Anyway, when will LU1 open?  I look forward to sitting on the monumental staircase with my kids while enjoying a Whole Foods ice cream cone.

It’s not just Spain. It’s anywhere in Southern Europe.  Italy, Portugal, Croatia, Greece, etc.  there are places like that.  In Greece you will find homes, islands, food and culture that will make you quit your job and skip your flight back home lol.  

• Like 3