Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They just offered buyouts to 33% of their staff, 90% of which took it. They are down to I think 22 full time staff members, so the answer is never.

Damn.....such a shame that thee Observer still isn't doing too good. then again there are schmucks like me that don't pay for it.....

54 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

As they are finishing up the base of the pyramid: it’s a different color than the rest of the building. The concrete on the building is a beige color, while the pyramid base is gray. This will change, right? 

No, gray and beige is how its gonna be. That's my main problem with it, the contrast of colors.

Although, the only angle I like LU from is the airport where it doesn't look too bad.

Edited by CLT704

19 hours ago, Miesian Corners said:

She's so sexy when she's topless.

Does anyone else think it strange for the north ground level of the building to be grey when the rest of the ground level is beige?  Almost like they are going to connect something to it!

17 minutes ago, DMann said:

Does anyone else think it strange for the north ground level of the building to be grey when the rest of the ground level is beige?  Almost like they are going to connect something to it!

I think this will be connected to LU4 just like LU1 is connected to LU2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Will Honeywell or BB&T go to LU or is one of them likely to go to the Duke fortress on Church Street?

Why in the world would they go there? Lincoln Harris could have them a building built by late 2020, Spectrum by around then too. Duke isn't going to vacate that building probably until 2022. That building will get imploded, it won't get occupied by anyone.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Why not?  I didn’t know if LU still has space to support a 1m+ sf building.

They can handle up to 5M sq feet of build space. So far they've built or proposed 1.6M. I'll tell ya, if they build 1M sq feet, they will need another parking deck.

Duke will get imploded, not occupied by a bank.

8 minutes ago, DMann said:

Any estimate of size and time frame?

size and time frame of what?

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Will Honeywell or BB&T go to LU or is one of them likely to go to the Duke fortress on Church Street?

Though I should ask, did you hear something about them going in the Duke Fortress? Its just an odd connection to make.

15 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Though I should ask, did you hear something about them going in the Duke Fortress? Its just an odd connection to make.

Not at all.  You and Jayvee have the inside information.  I, by contrast, know no one in this field.

I just assumed that they’d want a site with a big foot print that could accomodate trading floors in the future.  Trading is obviously not part of its current business model, but they may have further mergers planned which would require trading floors.  The remaining sites at LU seem to have relatively small footprints.

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not at all.  You and Jayvee have the inside information.  I just assumed that they’d want a site with a big foot print that could accomodate trading floors in the future.  Trading is obviously not part of its current business model, but they may have further mergers planned which would require trading floors.  The remaining sites at LU seem to have relatively small footprints.

The footprint of the parcel between Church, Stonewall and Mint is enormous. Bigger than Legacy Union 1's footprint. Duke Fortress while yes has big floor plates has low ceilings, not conducive to Trading floors.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The footprint of the parcel between Church, Stonewall and Mint is enormous. Bigger than Legacy Union 1's footprint. Duke Fortress while yes has big floor plates has low ceilings, not conducive to Trading floors.

Doesn't Duke own the whole parcel from South Church to Mint, which includes the parking lot on Mint?  That looks bigger than anything left on the LU site, so I thought that Honeywell might go to LU and BB&T would raze the fortress and build on that site.  I guess not.

Edited by SydneyCarton

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Doesn't Duke own the whole parcel from South Church to Mint, which includes the parking lot on Mint?  That looks bigger than anything left on the LU site, so I thought that Honeywell might go to LU and BB&T would raze the fortress and build on that site.  I guess not.

Sure they could do that, but they'd have to wait til 2022-23 to have a graded site for building upon.