Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

2 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Still can't believe BofA put a tramp stamp on a building in its hometown.  So tacky.

Also, 1BAC is low-key a beautiful building.  Inside and out.

Hey man, sometimes a tramp stamp can look damn sexy in the right place. This is one of the cases.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Pretty certain the chronology is Grant Thornton, BB&T, 5/3, NASCAR, Ally (current building), *Chiquita add then subtract,  Regions, WeWork, and now BofA

Of all of the signs, only NASCAR and WeWork are over the top, imo. All the rest are quite subtle.  No offense to those on here with connections to WeWork, but I **really** don’t like that sign. It’s too bold. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 3

Well sometimes signs go up and sometimes they go down.  Remember the Chiquita logo and sign?  And yes I am afraid to say signs on buildings are here to stay forgot about existing Ally and NASCAR too. 

And Deloitte's name will be atop their Legacy 2 tower too. 

• Like 1

I know we’re off topic here, and I’m not versed in the regulatory specifics of the sign ordinance, but it I were a corporation looking to get the most bang for my buck for a sign, I’d go with one that is not necessarily 500-700’ up in the air.  I think Regions, NASCAR, and WeWork are getting their money’s worth even if I think a few of those are a bit too bold for my taste.

And yes, Deloitte will also have great exposure. Honeywell too, or whoever ultimately locates in that LU spot across from the stadium. To clarify I’m not anti-sign but I do have preferences.

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Of all of the signs, only NASCAR and WeWork are over the top, imo. All the rest are quite subtle.  No offense to those on here with connections to WeWork, but I **really** don’t like that sign. It’s too bold. 

NASCAR over the top and tacky with colorful advertisements, you don't say...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

26 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

NASCAR over the top and tacky with colorful advertisements, you don't say...

NASCAR has changed their sign on top of their building, it's a lot more tasteful.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CLT> said:

Actually the first one was pretty much clear, then they added color later, then changed it again when their logo changed. When it opened it was one of the most discreet and tasteful signs on any tower in the country.

Agreed, their first sign was pretty nice.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can’t wait to see the grand staircase.  I think it will be a gathering place like the ones at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the NY Public Library.

DEC 2 is going to have a better grand staircase fronting college. but I didn't say that. I'm anxious to see the latest RTAP for Legacy Union, they were AGAIN changing the layout of the staircase and promenade. 

52 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

DEC 2 is going to have a better grand staircase fronting college. but I didn't say that. I'm anxious to see the latest RTAP for Legacy Union, they were AGAIN changing the layout of the staircase and promenade. 

Wow.  That sounds nice.  Will DEC2 have any fountains?

29 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I feel like fountains are a unwritten rule in uptown development lol

There haven't been any in the past ten years though that I can think of (other than in the two new parks).   One of my favorites is the Bailey Fountain in your royal borough: Kings.

83410142.jpg

bailey-fountain-grand-army-plaza-brooklyn-new-york-city-usa-AH53KM.jpg

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

Although I'm not thrilled by the gigantic branch in the lobby, I am excited about the 34'x66' video wall that will face the staircase/promenade.  I think this will be a very cool, modern touch that will be a nice contrast to BOACC's old school lobby of fresco murals.  Just like in the movies, I imagine walking into the new BOA at LU and seeing the big video board and hearing an Alexa/Siri woman's voice say above "Welcome to Bank of America - The future of banking is here".  A stock ticker ribbon board running around would be a nice touch and virtual assistant helpers lol.