Missmylab4

Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can’t wait to see the grand staircase.  I think it will be a gathering place like the ones at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the NY Public Library.

DEC 2 is going to have a better grand staircase fronting college. but I didn't say that. I'm anxious to see the latest RTAP for Legacy Union, they were AGAIN changing the layout of the staircase and promenade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

DEC 2 is going to have a better grand staircase fronting college. but I didn't say that. I'm anxious to see the latest RTAP for Legacy Union, they were AGAIN changing the layout of the staircase and promenade. 

Wow.  That sounds nice.  Will DEC2 have any fountains?

29 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I feel like fountains are a unwritten rule in uptown development lol

There haven't been any in the past ten years though that I can think of (other than in the two new parks).   One of my favorites is the Bailey Fountain in your royal borough: Kings.

83410142.jpg

bailey-fountain-grand-army-plaza-brooklyn-new-york-city-usa-AH53KM.jpg

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

Although I'm not thrilled by the gigantic branch in the lobby, I am excited about the 34'x66' video wall that will face the staircase/promenade.  I think this will be a very cool, modern touch that will be a nice contrast to BOACC's old school lobby of fresco murals.  Just like in the movies, I imagine walking into the new BOA at LU and seeing the big video board and hearing an Alexa/Siri woman's voice say above "Welcome to Bank of America - The future of banking is here".  A stock ticker ribbon board running around would be a nice touch and virtual assistant helpers lol.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

The best university in the South!

2C55335D-E2D5-40C9-925E-8EDFB0EBEA1B.jpeg

Is there something that happened to Duke in the past few years that I am not aware of? I dont understand. 0_0

• Haha 1