Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

No one is going to build another Olympic size pool when the MCAC is downtown. That is a true 50m Olympic size pool and if you haven't seen it...is huge. 20 lanes when it is setup for short course and holds like 600k+ gallons. The costs associated with building a new one anywhere downtown would be huge. 

Fine, maybe not a true Olympic size pool, however Charlotte needs a legit, full service athletic club that has a lap pool with 5-6 lanes, and that is inside 277. It's laughable that Charlotte Athletic club uses the Omni's lounge pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone work in the Duke Energy Center or Duke Power bldg that can get us some frequent shots of the Lincoln Harris tower site? I wish I did for you would have an updated photo every couple of days. I try to look from the 615 S College cam but it is hard to see from that angle.  Thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Does anyone work in the Duke Energy Center or Duke Power bldg that can get us some frequent shots of the Lincoln Harris tower site? I wish I did for you would have an updated photo every couple of days. I try to look from the 615 S College cam but it is hard to see from that angle.  Thanks in advance! 

@grodney quit being so lazy

1 minute ago, grodney said:

Manual Webcam Man springs into action!

20170310_095712_zpsvmmykbvz.jpg

20170310_095728_zpsaevl4znm.jpg

Thats such a huge lot. So much potential. Its snowing here so I'm a little jealous of the weather.

Edited by Guest

Just now, JBS said:

Ha, I saw that also.  Be careful, even mentioning that you read CS's will result in a rebuke from RDF...:tw_grin:

It is a crappy site though.

DONT READ IT! lol

Edited by Guest

@grodney  thanks and keep it up. This super secret 30 plus story building needs our attention.  By the time they put up a webcam the tower could be half up.   I like you can see the tunnel they are keeping under Church St Looking forward to seeing the progress on this the unknown anchored mega tower LOL. Wondering out loud will they have a Bank of America ATM there? 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

I know you guys have concerns over certain aspects of this project, but I'm just looking forward to the impact this tower will have on the skyline. For years I've sort of hated how the skyline drops off with DEC. Thankfully this tower, along with Tryon Place, will help extend the skyline a little more and not make DEC so dominant in a few years.

BTW, thank you grodney for being the Webcam Man!

Edited by NCMike1990
adding detail
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get an updated photo of the Unannounced  Unnamed 30 story tower that is heavily preleased to a large Bank in America maybe tomorrow? I think the last one was 10 days ago. Anybody have a clue what this unnamed tower and development will be called? 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

Does having the cranes up mean that they will immediately begin going verticle, or are they going to do  underground parking first and any idea how deep?

The tower has a small deck attached to it, that I think we serve a hotel facing Tryon and Hill. Other than that there's no parking. I think we immediately see foundation work, then it should go vertical by early summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk