Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, KJHburg said:

I posted this under Carolina Panthers but does anyone have an idea or guess? Wonder how high the Lincoln Harris Bank of America tower will be for the 2 night games Oct 12 and Nov. 13? I hope they light up the tower greatly those nights during nationally televised games! 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:00 AM, DEnd said:

I'm gonna say they'll be at about 15-20 stories for the October game and maybe 20-25 for November.   That's literally just a Wild A** Guess on my part, based on one floor a week with some delays and a few extra weeks to really get off the ground and going. 

Turns out my WAG was about 8 weeks optimistic...  Good thing Lincoln Harris isn't counting on me to estimate loan interest for this project...  That said 8 weeks isn't too bad considering the amount of crap I know about high rise construction is about the size of a Chihuahua's turd.  

Edited by DEnd
I can't math apparently
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

2 more photos today. Imagine the Ally Bank Tryon Place tower to the right and the completed BOAT tower to the left. 

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

And another 615 South Church height building fronting Stonwall and Tryon.

5 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

And there is something going up on the corner of Hill & Tryon.  I don't remember seeing anything set for that corner just yet, but walking to my parking lot, they now have another piling set with at least two pillars about one story high.

Well they are going to be completely moving Hill Street about 20 feet toward 277. So maybe this will be part of that. 

11 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

My guess is that it's where they have a facade sample to show what the facade will look like on the building.  They do this for a number of high rise construction projects. 

That will be the largest mock-up panel I've ever seen if that's the case

51 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

That will be the largest mock-up panel I've ever seen if that's the case

The one for 111 W 57th is pretty huge. Sadly we won't have bronze and white terracotta 

111-west-57th-street-shop-architects.jpg

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I was just up there for a little shindig. Thought you guys would appreciate yet another perspective.

How does one get invited to one of these "shindigs", I'd love to see that view, and with some of the women I've seen going in and out of there, the view inside can't be half bad either. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nakers2 said:

How does one get invited to one of these "shindigs", I'd love to see that view, and with some of the women I've seen going in and out of there, the view inside can't be half bad either. 

:tw_expressionless:

But for real, anyone with an excuse to do anything in Uptown towers evoke a unique kind of envy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, nakers2 said:

I was there with Creative Mornings.

https://creativemornings.com/cities/clt

It doesn't usually meet there, but I still encourage anyone who's interested to check it out some time.

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

That is a 2 story mock up of the exterior how do I know?  I talked to a construction guy walking back into the site. Photos today.  

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

a completely unpermitted one at that. I was looking through the permits this morning.