Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Here are a couple more photos from today. I do like this design for this tower as it is different for the Charlotte skyline. I prefer some kind of top on high rises like the sail design on 300 South Tryon or of course the crown like feature at the top of Bank of America Corp. Center  I know there are a lot of flat top skyscrapers but the top of the building helps define a skyline.   And the mockup is temporary it is a not a sign.

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Saw the finished product today!

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 3.31.39 PM.png

Bwahaha - is Spencer's still a thing??  1997 called....

While not my favorite new project uptown, I agree with sydneycarton's sentiment that this is leaps and bounds better than Tryon Place.  I loved the original design, and hate what that project has been reduced too.

With Legacy Union, I just wonder how well it will tie in with the buildings on that end of the skyline (being the 4th tallest overall).  I'm being cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 1

^ Agreed, I am worried about how well it will fit in the being the First tower you see coming in from the South. I'm not the largest fan of it in the world but it should add nice height in that area. Look back 2 years ago, Stonewall was filled with parking lots and fields, Now it's going to be one of the most developed blocks of Uptown.

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

^ Agreed, I am worried about how well it will fit in the being the First tower you see coming in from the South. I'm not the largest fan of it in the world but it should add nice height in that area. Look back 2 years ago, Stonewall was filled with parking lots and fields, Now it's going to be one of the most developed blocks of Uptown.

This visual helps me. Imagining a pyramid topped building about 50 feet taller than One Wells Fargo on the left hand side. Actually sounds pretty good. Unfortunately the 35k floor plates are going to make this a girthy chode of a building 

Messages Image(2885602992) copy.png

34 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This visual helps me. Imagining a pyramid topped building about 50 feet taller than One Wells Fargo on the left hand side. Actually sounds pretty good. Unfortunately the 35k floor plates are going to make this a girthy chode of a building 

Messages Image(2885602992) copy.png

This must be one of those "industry terms" I've heard so much about but never understood. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I must be the only one who really likes this building. I’m willing to bet most of you will like the final product. 

I’ll look so great next to DEC since it’s a signature tower instead of just a bunch of (nice) boxes surrounding DEC

I like the top 1/8 of the building. I think I'd really like it if it were 5 floors taller, stretching the proportions out a bit. The materials aren't great, but they'll do I suppose. I think it'll have a nice silhouette in the skyline and make it even more of a juggernaut amongst cities our size.

3 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I must be the only one who really likes this building. I’m willing to bet most of you will like the final product. 

I’ll look so great next to DEC since it’s a signature tower instead of just a bunch of (nice) boxes surrounding DEC

I like it too.

By contrast, I find Crescent's Ally tower to be boring.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Sorta was expecting more details by now about this project. Unless we can expect big grassy fields fronting Tryon & Stonewall 

Phase two (of four) should be announced by Jan or Feb. You got a while to wait. 

On 10/30/2017 at 10:15 AM, DEnd said:

^^ All that's missing is the signage: "The Shoppes at Briar Towne Square" in cursive on the upper portion and the bottom little rectangles for Subway, Radio Shack, Fed Ex Kinko's,  Great Clips, Pro Nails, and Panda Express.

Hey, I’d be happy with the Panda Express as long as it comes with some clothing stores. Might need some bigger pants if that’s available for lunch everyday.