Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I hate to bump an old thread with no information but now that Lincoln Harris is set to close by late October, has any heard any rumors that sort of confirm that Lincoln could be joining forces with Simon? Lincoln Harris just seems like a developer that if you're in the loop of development, then surely Lincoln Harris is a place you have good contacts.

They seem to have their lips sealed. All articles online seem to indicate Lincoln Harris has declined to comment.

I've burned my bridges with them, and they are super tight lipped and hard to get info out of :-(. They won't give info until they are ready. They tried to keep the purchase of CO site under wraps and were not too happy when their plans came out too early. Leak some info and Ask too many questions about Simon and their plans, and next thing you,know you're black listed. Shrug

Edited by Guest

LOL! I Had gotten home from a work event, was supposed to do some freelance, was kinda tipsy, and photoshop was just calling to me :-)

Baby RDF should be strategically placed in your future building and skyline renderings as an identifier. No need to ever use a watermark.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from walking around The Shops at Columbus Circle at Time Warner Center in NYC and as I was going through the complex I kept thinking this is the concept that should go here.  It is not a full blown mall per say as their probably only 10/15 stores and 5/10 VERY nice restaurant concepts, but it works.  Throw in the office component and hotel/condo and CLT can have its own Time Warner center right on this site.

Edited by navigator319
  • Like 1

Just back from walking around The Shops at Columbus Circle at Time Warner Center in NYC and as I was going through the complex I kept thinking this is the concept that should go here.  It is not a full blown mall per say as their probably only 10/15 stores and 5/10 VERY nice restaurant concepts, but it works.  Throw in the office component and hotel/condo and CLT can have its own Time Warner center right on this site.

Whiteley's of Bayswater (London) comes to mind to me.

Way to give a UPer a heads up, I would have showed you around on my lunch break, I work a 10 min walk from there.

Hopefully we'll get a little information at the end of this month on their intentions with their property. Lincoln Harris, I believe closes on the property at the end of this month.

• 3 weeks later...

Think we will hear any details this week? It's getting close...

I wonder if losing Bank of America could've effected their plans for this parcel. I think I read in the CBJ they lost 1/2 their work force but plan to build it up to current levels again as they grow with current clients 

I wonder if losing Bank of America could've effected their plans for this parcel. I think I read in the CBJ they lost 1/2 their work force but plan to build it up to current levels again as they grow with current clients 

I think they knew about the loss of the BofA account before they bought the Observer parcel.

Would it be a stretch to utilize the rail spur already built in the back of the site for some kind of streetcar?

There are plans to remove the Observer tracks unfortunately.

One can't help but notice that they are cut into the ground and there is a retaining wall at Church Street.  It would have been a dream to see a future Airport Line run below ground to the Stonewall Blue Line stop under the Westin garage instead of having a terminus at Gateway station. 

Edited by ChessieCat

There are plans to remove the Observer tracks unfortunately.

One can't help but notice that they are cut into the ground and there is a retaining wall at Church Street.  It would have been a dream to see a future Airport Line run below ground to the Stonewall Blue Line stop under the Westin garage instead of having a terminus at Gateway station. 

Can I ask where the tracks are? I don't recall seeing any rail spur near the Observer. 

^ if we lived in a city that looked forward with its planning efforts rather than backward, those tracks would have been part of an underground rail line that went from the blue line at Stonewall, under portman, under the papermall, beneath the panthers parking lot, and then (above ground) out Morehead to the airport. 

• Like 1

I tailgated with a guy that knows a guy, while I was in Charlotte for the game. Goldman Sachs will be the financier of this project... There are some big things planned. 

EDIT: Please note that the above is product of an alcohol and pork fueled tailgate. While i trust the source, don't quote me on it.

Edited by Guest