Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

7 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

This grew to 35 floors and is now 656’ tall. Nice. 3 feet shorter than Hearst. 

Wow that is great.  maybe BofA is taking more space.   The tower is already 845,000 sq ft (Wikipedia has it smaller for some reason) with BofA taking 550,000 sq ft. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

This grew to 35 floors and is now 656’ tall. Nice. 3 feet shorter than Hearst. 

Were the floors added to the lower portion or the top portion above the set back?  Im hoping they added to the top as will make it look better proportionally I think.

Edited by navigator319
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Were the floors added to the lower portion or the top portion above the set back?  Im hoping they added to the top as will make it look better proportionally I think.

image.thumb.png.c74464fc28d2c56efe4ec764a1ffc269.png

No updated drawings yet, just this.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.c74464fc28d2c56efe4ec764a1ffc269.png

No updated drawings yet, just this.

I hate to seem like I can't  think for myself, but does anything in particular stick out to anyone? Is 9 retail loading spaces, for example, common in your typical office highrise? 

24 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I hate to seem like I can't  think for myself, but does anything in particular stick out to anyone? Is 9 retail loading spaces, for example, common in your typical office highrise? 

Not even close to normal.....this is a great sign. RDF correct me if I am wrong but Duke has 4 and that is for all the museums and stuff too. 300 S Tryon has 2 for retail, office and hotel. 9 is very promising. 

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Not even close to normal.....this is a great sign. RDF correct me if I am wrong but Duke has 4 and that is for all the museums and stuff too. 300 S Tryon has 2 for retail, office and hotel. 9 is very promising. 

Yea no, its very abnormal. I pointed this out maybe 2 years ago as a hint hint for this project. But yea, its still no where near as much as the convention center. image.png.5b36ad87cea0fbad5f05f19ebd60d9bb.png

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I love the design of this building and have so from the get-go.  I think the classical design is a good contrast of all the glass on the south end of uptown.  and I like the pyramid on top too.  Plus with Tryon Place kinda of international style design it will look good.  

I remember when South Tryon was the step child of uptown and anything past 2nd MLK was no mans land.  Just 10 years that is where most of uptown workers changed their tires at the 2 tire stores.   It is an amazing transformation.  

Yes. I too liked it from he beginning. I wonder if the folks who didn’t like it if it’s growing on them.

i bet the pyramid is going to look amazing in real life. 

• Like 4

Yes. I too liked it from he beginning. I wonder if the folks who didn’t like it if it’s growing on them.

i bet the pyramid is going to look amazing in real life. 

Nope, getting worse than I imagined. Going to be such a stubby ill proportioned building with crappy materials. Looks like building on a 1954 Movie set just waiting to get knocked over by Godzilla.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nope, getting worse than I imagined. Going to be such a stubby ill proportioned building with crappy materials. Looks like building on a 1954 Movie set just waiting to get knocked over by Godzilla.

Typical Lincoln Harris.  Just look at Capitol Towers and Rea Farms as examples of boring architecture. Then go look at Avalon in Alpharetta and the new development in Cary anchored by Wegmans.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

what stubby ill proportioned building are you talking about?  the second tower or tryon place? 

• Like 4