Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I like the fact in your shots today the glass looks more blue. I don’t like as much when it is the green look.

The corners being butting glass and not the beige stone is what will make this.

I wish they used black stone and real blue glass. Not only do I think would have been sweet looking, but would have tied in nicely with the Panthers.

• Like 3

New RTAP was approved today. Looks like the building got shorter again. around 630 feet. womp womp. Big thing of note, they value engineered the hell out of the parking deck, and potentially made it two floors taller. Can you imagine getting out of a 14 floor parking deck? Can you imagine that this what people will see forever on 277? Nearly the height to the top of the Panthers scoreboards, this metal wall?

image.thumb.png.a90e55a3872a4a1dcce9d22206dc4c23.pngimage.thumb.png.de0c3082feb4016bf52ddc95dcdb83c7.png

Interesting, the cover page still states the 656' and 35 floors occupyable, but the drawings say 629' and 33 floors. So I guess the drawings aren't updated yet. Note the potential for there being almost 4000 parking spaces developed. I've said this before but this is now nearly Double Duke Energy Center. Theres massive plans for this site guys. Its ugly as hell, but its very exciting.

image.thumb.png.a51cad08b90f1031ce72657e66373c3d.png

Edited by Guest

Just now, KJHburg said:

The parking deck be taller facing 277 does not bother me for it balances out what is already built by Levine on the other side of uptown.  Lets not forget.   Levine's garage today. 

IMG_8137.JPG

Now just make that deck 6 floors taller KJH. 6 floors taller dude. and basically sitting on top of 277.

33 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I really think this will be a gem once the right and left of it are developed.

Cubic zirconia...sorry guys, I just hate this entire project so much.  I prefer the old CO building.

22 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

The parking deck be taller facing 277 does not bother me for it balances out what is already built by Levine on the other side of uptown.  Lets not forget.   Levine's garage today.

That's a good comparison for the garage.  This will literally be worse than the terrible project by the worst developer in town.  

Edited by JBS
  • Like 3

^^^ Now  a parking garage tall one at that at corner of an off ramp and Church St does not make this the worst project in town.  I as I have said repeatedly like the design of the tower and glad we are getting a huge multi tower project on South Tryon.     And it is much better than the brutal design of the Fortress Charlotte Observer building.    Lets wait and see how it turns out.  

• Like 1