Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Couple from in front of the Central Living Carson St townhomes which the existing row is half sold (from the low $900s)  Today.

Great views and (soon) location but $900K is crazy.  I'm sure they are beautiful inside but I don't even like the way they look.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dubone said:

In the 1980s, Legacy Union was the dominating force in the Charlotte skyline! 

It was 150 feet taller than Hugh McColl's NCNB building, and even Ed Crutchfield's jukebox didn't rise to top it.  

charlotte-1985.jpg

(RDF21, do your magic!) 

image.thumb.png.f092ebeb43f8e39e93b5b57af8c85c3c.png

Gosh that woulda looked weird, but I'll see if I can get this submitted into historical record.

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.f092ebeb43f8e39e93b5b57af8c85c3c.png

Gosh that woulda looked weird, but I'll see if I can get this submitted into historical record.

It really would been a very well loved building back then.  

I'm sure, though, once that pyramid is all lit up and it sits in the cluster of other towers in the area, we'll just grow used to it anyway.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dubone said:

It really would been a very well loved building back then.  

I'm sure, though, once that pyramid is all lit up and it sits in the cluster of other towers in the area, we'll just grow used to it anyway.   

Don't tell @Miesian Corners but Its growing on me.

12 hours ago, JoshuaDrown said:

I’m a big fan of our ever-changing skyline, and I’ve been wondering if we will see the building from TradeMark... with Ascent and Museum Tower in the way. Probably will depend on the floor, but it’s peeking out now from the high floors.

Selfishly, I’m hoping to see the top from my balcony, but will have to wait to see how that angle works out as she continues to rise.

4D0B60D6-54E9-424A-8F15-4B2D112D51BB.thumb.jpeg.9e21846abee458ec0b8b36b073cce905.jpeg

What are they doing to the park?

On 4/19/2018 at 10:29 AM, JoshuaDrown said:

I’m a big fan of our ever-changing skyline, and I’ve been wondering if we will see the building from TradeMark... with Ascent and Museum Tower in the way. Probably will depend on the floor, but it’s peeking out now from the high floors.

Selfishly, I’m hoping to see the top from my balcony, but will have to wait to see how that angle works out as she continues to rise.

4D0B60D6-54E9-424A-8F15-4B2D112D51BB.thumb.jpeg.9e21846abee458ec0b8b36b073cce905.jpeg

I hope a massive building one day gets built to the right of the Ascent and COMPLETELY blocks your view of Bank of America Stadium. Also selfishly, of course.

• Like 2