Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Does anyone know what is going in this little section of the building going up right next to the tower?  I know the parking garage is going across the street, so its not that.  It isn't just a massive lobby, is it? LegacyUnion.thumb.jpg.1ddcf7192e3fc77a09e27f9c88b3053c.jpg

5 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

^That's another small parking garage that will likely be for the Merrill Lynch execs and top sales people. They aren't going to walk across the street IN THE ELEMENTS and park their Mercedes Benz next to some 1998 Honda Civic that their admin drives. 

That's a good point, but there will be a bridge (as well as underground access) that will connect the garage to the tower.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scribe said:

This is Charlotte, if the building code requires 700 parking spots we build 1400 (ala Novel Stonewall Station)!

We go the extra mile!

well the parking in this project, which is up to almost 4,000 spaces, is more indicative of the size this development will be. Yuge, as our fearless leader has put it. Its also being built to accomodate at least a medium sized high rise.

Edited by Guest

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

well the parking in this project, which is up to almost 4,000 spaces, is more indicative of the size this development will be. Yuge, as our fearless leader has put it.

That's what I was thinking—the excessive parking is to accommodate for future dev on this site. 

2 minutes ago, Hunted said:

That's what I was thinking—the excessive parking is to accommodate for future dev on this site. 

I've posted expected specs for this site before, its potential is Brickell City Center, with a lot less shopping lol, and a PoMo design.